One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Laura Smith »

You know what would actually be incredible?

Some of us moldy oldies may remember that Abe used to compile workout data: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24163
This was SO useful -- way more useful for middle-of-the-road horses than trying to compare their times to the top 50. I'm sure it would be impossible for a player to compile information like this now, with so many more horses and workouts in the game.

Would love to see data available for even the 5th and 25th percentiles of workout times. Would help newer players and players that are unfamiliar with a given division see where their horse might fit.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Please stay on topic with this thread - no bumps, repeat requests, etc. This is THE thread we pull updates from, and it needs to stay on topic. Thanks!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

This isn't necessarily small, but I think the SIM rules need an update because rules like this still exist:
10. You may not form clique groups that are created for the purpose of one set of players becoming vastly more powerful than the rest. Because you may not have more than one account, you cannot create a second account where horses held by several players are deposited.
11. You may not share horses or monetary earnings as if the horse is owned by two people - aka if a horse wins you cannot pass half of the earnings on to someone else, or any percentage. This includes stud fees as well.
Both of these rules tie into partnerships which are now obviously allowed in the SIM.

Also this one about leaving the game:
Your horses will be dispersed on the New Player Sales Page for $1,000 each after a final 7 day warnings.
Whereas now there are dispersal auctions for ALL players.
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Please stay on topic with this thread - no bumps, repeat requests, etc. This is THE thread we pull updates from, and it needs to stay on topic. Thanks!

bump
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Mike Springer wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Please stay on topic with this thread - no bumps, repeat requests, etc. This is THE thread we pull updates from, and it needs to stay on topic. Thanks!

bump
So I want a way to search claimer races but exclude certain ones as opposed to only search for certain ones. For Example: Search for all claimers for the day minus maidens.
;p
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Could more information be added to the auction outbid messages. Would be nice to have the name of the auction in the message instead of just "this auction" and also would be nice to have time remaining (at time of message being sent). That way if you get messages on phone/e-mail you have a bit more information without clicking links to know if this is a deal with no outbid or deal with latter.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Could more information be added to the auction outbid messages. Would be nice to have the name of the auction in the message instead of just "this auction" and also would be nice to have time remaining (at time of message being sent). That way if you get messages on phone/e-mail you have a bit more information without clicking links to know if this is a deal with no outbid or deal with latter.
i don't get messages on my phone
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Is there anyway ask equipment/soundness could be no longer a clickable option for a horse once you have said information. In a recurring theme of my one small things I tend to click without thinking/taking my time and have more times than once wound up doing secondary equipment/soundness checks by accident when training/vet checking.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Is there anyway ask equipment/soundness could be no longer a clickable option for a horse once you have said information.
For me, soundness isn't an option anymore once I've checked it? I agree it wouldn't hurt to be like that for equipment as well, though
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Is there anyway ask equipment/soundness could be no longer a clickable option for a horse once you have said information.
For me, soundness isn't an option anymore once I've checked it? I agree it wouldn't hurt to be like that for equipment as well, though

It seems it isn't an option for a single horse but is an option if you select multiple horses at once (even if all horses individually have been soundness checked)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Since were able to set multiple types for stallions now, can we please make it so that we can filter dual surface studs in the stud book? (So I can search for TS/TM studs easier 🤪)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You know how we get pointless messages about pension horses? How about pointless messages for us the trainer.

“Wow! You whopped datass last night!”

“Congrats on passing another milestone!”

“You are one onry sumbitch!”

“Keep it up, don’t get you head down!”

“You lose some den you lose some more, ya?”
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago You know how we get pointless messages about pension horses? How about pointless messages for us the trainer.

“Wow! You whopped datass last night!”

“Congrats on passing another milestone!”

“You are one onry sumbitch!”

“Keep it up, don’t get you head down!”

“You lose some den you lose some more, ya?”
I LOVE that idea actually!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Admittedly not sure if this is possible but would there be a way to populate the owner field for deceased horses in the ranking pages (maybe with last owner or owner when they retired?) just think it would be nine to get a feel for how many horse someone truly has on the list.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

One possible money maker or sim money extractor : pay the computer to cough up three stallion suggestions for a mare, say in three price ranges. would not have to guarantee any breeding, but give some suggestions that may increase the odds for a breeder.
I also think we should limit the number of foals produced by each player. Then we could pay a fee to produce any over that limit.