One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
Done!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago This isn't necessarily small, but I think the SIM rules need an update because rules like this still exist:
10. You may not form clique groups that are created for the purpose of one set of players becoming vastly more powerful than the rest. Because you may not have more than one account, you cannot create a second account where horses held by several players are deposited.
11. You may not share horses or monetary earnings as if the horse is owned by two people - aka if a horse wins you cannot pass half of the earnings on to someone else, or any percentage. This includes stud fees as well.
Both of these rules tie into partnerships which are now obviously allowed in the SIM.

Also this one about leaving the game:
Your horses will be dispersed on the New Player Sales Page for $1,000 each after a final 7 day warnings.
Whereas now there are dispersal auctions for ALL players.
Updated
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Looks good, thanks!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Any chance mixer SC races could be upped to 16 entries like thoroughbreds?
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Any chance mixer SC races could be upped to 16 entries like thoroughbreds?
Done, but it took forever because I had to do next year too and I'm grouchy about it ;-)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago I would really really like to be able to search for sires and dam sires by line of descendant.

For example, I could put in a show me every sire standing who traces directly back to Just Victory on the sire side. Or on the damsire side. Something like that. Ideally it goes all the way back to the OG SIM horses like Storm Bird, Seattle Slew, Unbridled etc...
Squeak Squeak goes the wheel
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Can we please have State Bred taken off the auction pages? Almost totally irrelevant and annoying on a phone screen 😊
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Any chance mixer SC races could be upped to 16 entries like thoroughbreds?
Done, but it took forever because I had to do next year too and I'm grouchy about it ;-)
Thank you!!! Your hard work for us is much appreciated (well at least until we find something new to complain about)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Can we please have State Bred taken off the auction pages? Almost totally irrelevant and annoying on a phone screen 😊
Oooh, or perhaps the option to choose columns to show, like in your barn..?
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Been trying to find the money drain thread, but how about light weight aluminum racing shoes,,,,,,,,,2-3 races maybe before they need to be replaced.

Got to have as much impact on a race as.......Dont like to get his or her feet wet
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

in the part of creating a foal, for 3000 Gps
You could create mother mares of all times, and have the bulls of all times that would be crossed, and have a secretariat foal, and zenyatta as if they were a sim mother, and a sim bull for GPs

oh create mother mares of all time and raise a foal with some bull sim example Miltore and pay the 3000 GPs of the foal

Since the Stewarbreds are in plain to disappear, you have to have a source that promises quality horses, in this situation it will reflect allowance stakes, and freak since you would have to pay the 3000GPs and the price of the bull to use then you can guarantee randomly
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

When you breed a foal it should auto list as the division of the dam. You could change it later but it would make sorting so much easier
;p
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Custom Barns, Training Chart, please include scheduled vet visits ;)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m sure this has been addressed and I’m not sure why not or if possible, but here goes...at year end, can we get 1 more day to re-gallop horses to see if their comments have changed. This would go a long way to helping us to decide if we should retire or not.

Traditionally once the races have run week 16, day 5 we can no longer train. If this has changed, I apologize for not being on top of it. Welcome to my life! Lol
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

You are right Nick, can’t train during break.
I tend to make the decision based on how they were running towards end of season and then deciding if my horses potential stud/mare ability is worth more then another season of earnings on the track.
The gallop is only a label and doesn’t mean much vs the actual race performances.

Just my opinion.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA