One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Jon Snyder »

Not sure if this exists but be able to bookmark or create an alert for races that you want to keep an eye on without having to search them...similar to the horse alert button
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Triple Crown trophies for all the official triple crowns please (watch me jinx myself)
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Daily Double Bet at Barrier Trial races
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Would it be possible to get the TB Game Point Sires types updated with all of the surfaces/distances they can be used with?

Acclamation and One and Only both have significant AW Route horses that they have produced, but One and Only is only listed as Turf Router and Acclamation isn't listed as anything. I'm guessing there are others that also would need adjustment.

I've been trying to look through the stud book for AW Route GP Sires and it only lists 5 of them and I know there are probably closer to 20 that could be used at least to some degree.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I understand why these mares had their names reused (I presume they were owned by The Steward who allowed for the names to be reused) but I really wish this wouldn’t happen because if the horses without the ‘I’ name end up in pedigrees, they might be confused with the mares that are incredibly influential. Here’s a couple of examples:

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... eID=403911
https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.php?HorseID=38956

Maybe the rule should be extended so that if a horse has produced a Grade 1 winner, it’s name cannot be reused?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Can we have a book for next year feature even before breeding a mare this year? Similarly, if we breed a booked mare to a stud they are not booked to can we have it automatically book that stud for next year?
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Would it be possible to filter by purse amount in the Stakes schedule? Something like...

Equal Or Greater Than
$50K
$100K
$200K
$300K
$500K
$1M
$2M
$3M
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I would love it if there was a way to navigate between horses in a barn without having to exit the profile screen each time. Just having arrows on either side of the main profile that allows you to advance or go backwards that way you could compare horses quickly, without having to backtrack, would be appreciated if I do say so myself.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Could we please please please add a tables extension to the phpBB boards?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2386686
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I think it would be very good to update the studs

there are many stallions today and perhaps more than 60% are not good sires

I think there could be a kind of test similar to that of mares

what can I say this horse is apt to reproduce great runners

He is a good multi-surface player router, or miler, or sprinter

in another it could be multiple distances Dirt AW

When you withdraw your horses you pay the same 10k to know its condition, and if it does not work, it says not suitable for reproduction, a Yes, or a NO

so the page of stallions would be more adjusted to a group of horse usable for all breeds

and each player could have their selective group of sires to use each year

what I say about the comment of what kind of distances, and surface can give, have come from other players who have commented on the subject of a good comment on the new studs
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

More graded stakes for qh. Some group 3s and 2s would be nice?
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Triple Crown trophies for all the official triple crowns please (watch me jinx myself)
Triple crown trophies seems like an extra good idea to me now ;)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

But what if carole, you could breed a foal and it automatically was listed as the same division as the mother? wouldnt it be easier to organise
;p
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago I understand why these mares had their names reused (I presume they were owned by The Steward who allowed for the names to be reused) but I really wish this wouldn’t happen because if the horses without the ‘I’ name end up in pedigrees, they might be confused with the mares that are incredibly influential. Here’s a couple of examples:

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... eID=403911
https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.php?HorseID=38956

Maybe the rule should be extended so that if a horse has produced a Grade 1 winner, it’s name cannot be reused?
Agree with this. It used to be if a mare produced a foal that earned more than a certain amount, it couldn't be reused, but then that changed. I'd also like to add a corollary to this - if a horse gets a headshot, the name can't be reused. I'm noticing that with the mixers: Marshmallow is now Marshmallow I
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Now that we can assign multiple horse types (sprinter/miler/router/etc) to horses, can we also have barn drop down or search options for "dirt router only" or "multiple types only"?
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.