One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dave Trainer »

In the leased barn would it be possible to have a filter for breeding leases and racer leases?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago In the leased barn would it be possible to have a filter for breeding leases and racer leases?
Alternatively you can go to racing or breeding barn and sort by leased mares in each separate
;p
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Two things:

Is it possible to have a tab on the pages of stallions NOT owned by you, listing all the hypos you've done with them? Otherwise this information just goes away into the ether unless you tabulate it yourself.

and

I've mentioned this in here before, but it would be super, super cool (and realistic) if the improvement resulting from gelding a colt wasn't a set amount, but instead had a slide associated with it. Would be much more incentive to geld colts if there was a small chance that they'd improve drastically, rather than just a set, small amount.
Just as in real life... some animals do a 180 and change their attitude completely when they're snipped, and some don't...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:P there would be some possibility of adding 2 more years to the sim sires, and 3 1/2 more to the real name sires for the reproduction that will be pensions at 16 years, and 17 years

sires with real life names are like sired GPs who have plenty of time to keep playing

I think sires sim, and players need a little more of those great sires still standing
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago Two things:

Is it possible to have a tab on the pages of stallions NOT owned by you, listing all the hypos you've done with them? Otherwise this information just goes away into the ether unless you tabulate it yourself.

and

I've mentioned this in here before, but it would be super, super cool (and realistic) if the improvement resulting from gelding a colt wasn't a set amount, but instead had a slide associated with it. Would be much more incentive to geld colts if there was a small chance that they'd improve drastically, rather than just a set, small amount.
Just as in real life... some animals do a 180 and change their attitude completely when they're snipped, and some don't...
I like both of these general ideas
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Same
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
YES YES and YES
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago :P there would be some possibility of adding 2 more years to the sim sires, and 3 1/2 more to the real name sires for the reproduction that will be pensions at 16 years, and 17 years

sires with real life names are like sired GPs who have plenty of time to keep playing

I think sires sim, and players need a little more of those great sires still standing
No thank you, there is already enough problems with diversity with certain sires/divisions. We do not need those sires hanging around 2 more seasons longer than they already are.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bump
;p
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago :P there would be some possibility of adding 2 more years to the sim sires, and 3 1/2 more to the real name sires for the reproduction that will be pensions at 16 years, and 17 years

No thank you, there is already enough problems with diversity with certain sires/divisions. We do not need those sires hanging around 2 more seasons longer than they already are.
:shock: :P well, I have no idea what are the problems with the stallions you mean

I only speak as a player who would like to see those stallions that are of benefit to him for longer, I cannot speak as an owner but I think that someone who has a stallion that fills his quota all year round as a DMB, would like to have 2 more seasons of those income

owner, and breeder benefit

Now if the problems you mention are so serious, then I must buy your words, and opinion. but I don't know what those problems are, and who it hurts

But if I'm honest, your words sound like that of an Administrator, more than a player, but the good thing is that you can be Both, I think there is no penalty for doing so, if this were the case

I only ask Please that my comment becomes a contest, I am accepting, and respecting the opinion of Mr. Pete Vella

So Please, if my words bother someone, take a deep breath, and count to 100, and then eat something tasty that can brighten the moment :)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago Two things:

and

LOVE those ideas, of course, that you have to re-hypo which I am sure Ive wasted redundant hypos on, take points out of the game. If you increase gelding ability then those horses make money. it would have been cheaper just to give the 1000 to geld them, no? I would love to see that happen, but once done what would be awesome if you get a notice on gelding saying, your gelding is so happy I can hear the soprano now and will run like the wind!! or.. your new gelding is so angry that he wants to kick you in the same place you snipped him so dont expect much improvement.. this would add color and realism in a most enjoyable wayyy..
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Dark mode skin/setting :shock:
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago In the leased barn would it be possible to have a filter for breeding leases and racer leases?
I actually have custom barns specifically separating my breeding leases and my racing leases.

For my leased racers I copied thee settings from my main racing barn setup, and changed the Status to Leased. For the Leased Broodmares I copied my main broodmare barn setup, so that only females can be in the barn and changed the status to Leased. :) Works pretty well for myself.

Hope that helps you.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Mark Markson
Sprinter

Post by Mark Markson »

In the Racing and Training Barns it’d be nice to have a drop down added for the “improve” column so we could sort by Late Bloomers, etc.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Mark Markson wrote: 3 years ago In the Racing and Training Barns it’d be nice to have a drop down added for the “improve” column so we could sort by Late Bloomers, etc.
I’ve found the smart filter works okay for this. I would definitely find it useful to have that dropdown though
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)