One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by David Faulkner »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Can there be an automated email generated to let you know that you or your horse won a Simmy award? I think that it would be great to see something telling me that Franzia just won the Simmy for All Weather Champion Older Male.

Maybe there is something in place for this, but I just haven't been lucky enough to get a horse in yet, but the same thing for HOF would be nice too.
I've always wished horse simmys would show up somewhere in our trophy case. Either as a trophy or maybe listed like G1 winners
:P I think it would be very nice to see trophies on the horse's profile in golden letters, depending on the award of a particular trophy, and in golden letters :P
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Change the default so when you click on Buy/Lease Horses from the Manage menu, that it goes to Recently Modified rather than Any. I think it will load quicker, and it would also save me the step of immediately clicking on Recently Modified. Maybe I'm wrong, and more players use the Any filter, but my guess is many players use the Recently Modified filter more.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Change the default so when you click on Buy/Lease Horses from the Manage menu, that it goes to Recently Modified rather than Any. I think it will load quicker, and it would also save me the step of immediately clicking on Recently Modified. Maybe I'm wrong, and more players use the Any filter, but my guess is many players use the Recently Modified filter more.
I filter on other things like age or gender depending on what I'm looking for but I'd prefer any other default to "Any" as they would all load quicker.

Would it be possible for players to set their own default or the page to default to last use?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Change the default so when you click on Buy/Lease Horses from the Manage menu, that it goes to Recently Modified rather than Any. I think it will load quicker, and it would also save me the step of immediately clicking on Recently Modified. Maybe I'm wrong, and more players use the Any filter, but my guess is many players use the Recently Modified filter more.
I filter on other things like age or gender depending on what I'm looking for but I'd prefer any other default to "Any" as they would all load quicker.

Would it be possible for players to set their own default or the page to default to last use?
For the sales page, once you have the filters set the way you want, you can save a browser bookmark. When you visit that bookmark, it will come up with the filters set. You could have any number of bookmarks saved.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

A way to sort/segregate workouts for just my barn. Similar to how we can look at all workouts sorted by fastest horse or fastest time. Not thinking we would need all time stats. Just looking to rank best horses for my barn only.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Kent Saunders wrote: 3 years ago A way to sort/segregate workouts for just my barn. Similar to how we can look at all workouts sorted by fastest horse or fastest time. Not thinking we would need all time stats. Just looking to rank best horses for my barn only.
I was just thinking about posting this again!!! You’re a mind reader 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago If a name is eligible to be released, automatically release it if we try to give a horse that name.

Current Workflow:
Submit name for a horse
Message returned that the name is unavailable
Look up name
See the name can be released
Release name
Go back to the horse you were trying to name and give it that name

Proposed Workflow:
Submit name for a horse
If name can be released, it's released and horse if give that name with no further actions needed. If name can't be released, message returned that name is unavailable.
This is a really good idea, I'd also love to see it!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Can I have a "ship all horses to nearest track" button on the entries/results page. It takes forever to ship every horse one by one and 95% of the time they just get shipped to the nearest track.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago Can I have a "ship all horses to nearest track" button on the entries/results page. It takes forever to ship every horse one by one and 95% of the time they just get shipped to the nearest track.
+1
Kent Saunders wrote: 3 years ago A way to sort/segregate workouts for just my barn. Similar to how we can look at all workouts sorted by fastest horse or fastest time. Not thinking we would need all time stats. Just looking to rank best horses for my barn only.
+1
Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Can there be an automated email generated to let you know that you or your horse won a Simmy award? I think that it would be great to see something telling me that Franzia just won the Simmy for All Weather Champion Older Male.

Maybe there is something in place for this, but I just haven't been lucky enough to get a horse in yet, but the same thing for HOF would be nice too.
+1

And to re-amplify 1 of my own:

1. Expanded search function. I would LOVE to be able to search by sire and damsire line. For example. Search all offspring of Malestrom lined sires by East lined damsires.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago Can I have a "ship all horses to nearest track" button on the entries/results page. It takes forever to ship every horse one by one and 95% of the time they just get shipped to the nearest track.
Definitely agree that would be nice but in the meantime did want to comment that if you have simperior setting home locations and autoship to home is a game changer for post race shipping. I didn't use it for a long time because I figured it was more for people that just ship their horses back to their own farms and not for people like me (and it sounds likes you) that ships to the closest farm but set it up once when I was going to be on vacation with questionable internet access and have never looked back. Yes you have to go through and set home locations for each horse but while a lot of my horses don't necessarily go to my own farm each week they do often race in the same general area so can keep the same home for multiple races meaning I only need to change a subset of home locations each week when doing entries rather than going through the shipping for each individual horse.

Though my small thing suggestion as it relates to home locations would be a way to sort by closest farm to where they are entered at as compared to current location as it is annoying when you do need to figure out a new home to then have to go to the farms and tracks page to figure out which farm to use. I keep a table of which home location I use for each track to make things easier but did have to set up each table and scroll through it to get the info I need.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Tammy, doesn’t first class shipping bypass the need for the closest farm? Just asking...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Why not just make an auto ship setting for “nearest farm”?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The Admin wrote: 3 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago

For the sales page, once you have the filters set the way you want, you can save a browser bookmark. When you visit that bookmark, it will come up with the filters set. You could have any number of bookmarks saved.
I meant to reply to this and say THANK YOU for this suggestion. I've done the bookmark, and it works perfectly.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Tammy, doesn’t first class shipping bypass the need for the closest farm? Just asking...
So yes having the exact closest is no longer a concern but you still want one generally close so you aren't paying unnecessary extra money in shipping.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Tammy, doesn’t first class shipping bypass the need for the closest farm? Just asking...
So yes having the exact closest is no longer a concern but you still want one generally close so you aren't paying unnecessary extra money in shipping.
But what if the closest farm had $100 board? You wouldn't want to ship there rather than a $20 board a few miles further.