One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

I was just thinking it would be great if we could get a breakdown of trainer stats based on circuits. It could create some interesting regional competition / rivalries and could add another layer of depth to the game. Just a small thought.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

C.S. Werth wrote: 5 years ago I was just thinking it would be great if we could get a breakdown of trainer stats based on circuits. It could create some interesting regional competition / rivalries and could add another layer of depth to the game. Just a small thought.
I’d also love a filter to see people’s stakes race stats! I track my own, but it would be fun to have something to compare it to ;)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Would it be possible to add a "winning trainer" field to the race search?

For example, if I wanted to search for Stakes races that I won back in Year 36. I would love to be able to go back and watch my first ever stakes win, if I could remember when it was... I wish I kept records back then. I'd love to be able to see which races I've won multiple times throughout the years.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

This is probably ridiculous, but how awesome would it be if we could set (even mass set?!) a preferred workout distance/surface for horses? And adding a "use preset distance/surface" option when doing a mass workout (similar to the "use equipment already set for each horse" option.)

Thus making it possible to work every horse of one breed, at their preset conditions, at once. Would be incredibly helpful when figuring out equipment for yearlings.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago This is probably ridiculous, but how awesome would it be if we could set (even mass set?!) a preferred workout distance/surface for horses? And adding a "use preset distance/surface" option when doing a mass workout (similar to the "use equipment already set for each horse" option.)

Thus making it possible to work every horse of one breed, at their preset conditions, at once. Would be incredibly helpful when figuring out equipment for yearlings.
I’ve wished for this as well! It would be amazing 😍
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago This is probably ridiculous, but how awesome would it be if we could set (even mass set?!) a preferred workout distance/surface for horses? And adding a "use preset distance/surface" option when doing a mass workout (similar to the "use equipment already set for each horse" option.)

I’ve wished for this as well! It would be amazing 😍
Ooooooh I'd love that as well. As well as some way I could automatically set my horse's "horse type" based on their parents.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Another thought, could we add a “quote” column to the mass ship page? It could be: Stable | Location | Board | Quote | Amenities | Ship.

So for example if someone was to select 70 some broodmares and think “oh, this will only be 10-20k to ship to my farm!” and then click ship, only to find they have now $7 in their account.

This is PROBABLY not a true story, but you never know 😜😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago Another thought, could we add a “quote” column to the mass ship page? It could be: Stable | Location | Board | Quote | Amenities | Ship.

So for example if someone was to select 70 some broodmares and think “oh, this will only be 10-20k to ship to my farm!” and then click ship, only to find they have now $7 in their account.

This is PROBABLY not a true story, but you never know 😜😂
Hahaha I wish it wasn’t true buuuuuuut it’s happened to me...whooooops
yeah
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Okay, okay, another one, but you know what would be REALLY awesome?

Can we have a few more allowance conditions? For sponsored races, at least, even if they don't make it onto the regularly scheduled racecards?
For example:
non-winners of a stakes race lifetime
non-winners of a stakes race in the last 16 weeks
non-winners or NW2 in the last 16 weeks
non-winners of some amount of money in the last 16 weeks

It can be so hard to race in open allowance company with a marginal horse after they've exhausted their conditions... the jump from NW5 to open allowance is often not worth bothering with.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Could it please be possible for partnerships to send pensioned horses to Greener Pastures?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I would LOVE to be able to send out a group PM. Please?!?
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Maybe a forum board where people can post their SIM fantasy stories, since they can’t be submitted as articles?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I would like to see, either in the Edge or on the forum, a section entitled "Questions For the Steward" or "Ask the Steward A Question". Self explanatory, I think. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'd like to see the location column still present when shipping on a mobile device. I admittedly rarely sim on my phone but tried to yesterday wanting to move a horse to a different circuit after its race but couldn't because I had no way of knowing where most farms were located
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I'd like to see the location column still present when shipping on a mobile device. I admittedly rarely sim on my phone but tried to yesterday wanting to move a horse to a different circuit after its race but couldn't because I had no way of knowing where most farms were located
Try turning the phone sideways. That should work I believe.