One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dylan Christensen »

3 weeks out entering?
yeah
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I'd like to see the location column still present when shipping on a mobile device. I admittedly rarely sim on my phone but tried to yesterday wanting to move a horse to a different circuit after its race but couldn't because I had no way of knowing where most farms were located
Try turning the phone sideways. That should work I believe.
Maybe it's just my phone (iphone SE) but it doesn't work for me. It changes so I can see all the columns on one screen without scrolling but there is still no location column.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I'd like to see the location column still present when shipping on a mobile device. I admittedly rarely sim on my phone but tried to yesterday wanting to move a horse to a different circuit after its race but couldn't because I had no way of knowing where most farms were located
Maybe it's just my phone (iphone SE) but it doesn't work for me. It changes so I can see all the columns on one screen without scrolling but there is still no location column.
My husband has an SE as well and it is so much harder to play the SIM on than my 7. It is likely that it is because the SE screen size is so small
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago

My husband has an SE as well and it is so much harder to play the SIM on than my 7. It is likely that it is because the SE screen size is so small
Yes, sorry. The SE screen is about 15 pixels too small for the Location to show up.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Lori Hamill wrote: 5 years ago I would like to see, either in the Edge or on the forum, a section entitled "Questions For the Steward" or "Ask the Steward A Question". Self explanatory, I think. :)
Might be quite time consuming for The Steward if not managed properly
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'd love to have some way of selecting out stakes winners in our barns.

For example, today I wanted to make sure I had horses that should be insured insured. I went to status uninsured and then sorted by earnings and that worked (and thank you for those wonderful features allowing me to do that) but I'd love to be able to further select just stakes winners and weed out some of those salty old geldings that made their money by quantity over quality. Likewise I could imagine it being useful for nomination times or as a filter available for smart barns.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I'd love to have some way of selecting out stakes winners in our barns.

For example, today I wanted to make sure I had horses that should be insured insured. I went to status uninsured and then sorted by earnings and that worked (and thank you for those wonderful features allowing me to do that) but I'd love to be able to further select just stakes winners and weed out some of those salty old geldings that made their money by quantity over quality. Likewise I could imagine it being useful for nomination times or as a filter available for smart barns.
Love this idea!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Got another one. I'd love if when you cancelled training on a horse the page you went to had a link to bring you back to that horse's page.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I'd love to have some way of selecting out stakes winners in our barns.

Cleo Patra wrote: 5 years ago Love this idea!
Not exactly what you're looking for but I was thinking of this earlier and maybe using the search function would be an option? List you as the owner with: Not Retired, Stakes Winners, Alive, and Not Pensioned? I know that doesn't help sort who is insured, but maybe your stakes winner list is shorter than the uninsured one? :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

As more big races have been added I think it's time to hike up the purse of the Louisville Derby to 3 million at least. It's one of the biggest races in the Sim and I think the purse should reflect that.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 5 years ago As more big races have been added I think it's time to hike up the purse of the Louisville Derby to 3 million at least. It's one of the biggest races in the Sim and I think the purse should reflect that.
It's happening in real life too so why not!?
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Me again! Would it be possible to have the group training page have the horse page links open in a new tab? I don't know how many times I've accidentally clicked on one and had to go through all the horses I trained individually to see if they got their equipment piece from that gallop! Though maybe that's just me haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

On the bookings page (for mobile) would it be possible to give the stud fee and breed columns a higher priority than the hypomate ratings? :3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

On studbook numbers - gallop results, progeny earnings, % stakes winners et cetera divided per set horse-type in the studbook? Or even better - races run over actual surface/distance-category?

I often scratch my head when I'm trying to figure out what kind of impact a stallion may have on the distance/surface I'm looking for. Sometimes I want two different abilities from a multitalented stallion but not the third or the fourth. For instance I may want turf/aw sprint but not chase ability. Clumping those numbers together makes them into a guessing game - an allowance chaser is a whole different matter than an allowance AW sprinter,and a turf router's earnings won't reflect the actual ability of the horse to the same degree a dirt router or an AW sprinter would. Or I may just wish to know how offspring sired by a dirt route stallion are already doing over a dirt mile without having to go through and check them all. :)

(I love the statistic tools the studbook offers. Refining them even further would be marvelous! )
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago On studbook numbers - gallop results, progeny earnings, % stakes winners et cetera divided per set horse-type in the studbook? Or even better - races run over actual surface/distance-category?

I often scratch my head when I'm trying to figure out what kind of impact a stallion may have on the distance/surface I'm looking for. Sometimes I want two different abilities from a multitalented stallion but not the third or the fourth. For instance I may want turf/aw sprint but not chase ability. Clumping those numbers together makes them into a guessing game - an allowance chaser is a whole different matter than an allowance AW sprinter,and a turf router's earnings won't reflect the actual ability of the horse to the same degree a dirt router or an AW sprinter would. Or I may just wish to know how offspring sired by a dirt route stallion are already doing over a dirt mile without having to go through and check them all. :)

(I love the statistic tools the studbook offers. Refining them even further would be marvelous! )
They already are broken down with chasing numbers different than gallop numbers. Like if a horse has Steeplechase Allowance horses, they are listed as Chase Allowance instead of Allowance :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚