One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Danny Derby »

A new tab by "Articles" and "News Feeds" that's called "TRANSACTIONS". Clicking on this tab will show the most recent horses that are sold or leased, along with the seller, buyer, and price. Giving community transparency to this information would make shady business much harder to get away with.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago A new tab by "Articles" and "News Feeds" that's called "TRANSACTIONS". Clicking on this tab will show the most recent horses that are sold or leased, along with the seller, buyer, and price. Giving community transparency to this information would make shady business much harder to get away with.
this is a very solid suggestion- i dig it!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out stats between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bump
;p
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

I'd love it if we could have more displayed on our player pages. Maybe our articles, or if our articles could win awards or accolades those could be featured on our pages. In fact, articles receiving accolades of some sort could be really really cool! I'd love it if we could write up a little biography on our player page, or have some sort of a timeline where we can post little entries like twitter. I think it'd make the whole thing way more personal and cool!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Betting favorites for stakes races. Let’s have some way to display this up until and after a race. Maybe not odds but if could even be just something on the screen that says <horse name here> Betting favorite.

I would be happy with odds and more in depth betting systems too
;p
Jake Simski
Two Year Old

Post by Jake Simski »

Can we add a counter to player home page or some sort of horse highlight in our barns for the 2 Steward-bred horses bought this season that resets? Alternatively, an super annoying "are you sure you want to buy this horse, you only have 1(or 2) more you can purchase this season".

I thought I was being clever buying a Steward-bred mare for <$6k at auction and stud from AJ or new player sales page for $5k. I learned my lesson and have my dunce cap on. I don't think what I did was in the spirit of the new rule. I don't know how you can code something to account for dummies like me that couldn't be exploited.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jake Simski wrote: 3 years ago Can we add a counter to player home page or some sort of horse highlight in our barns for the 2 Steward-bred horses bought this season that resets? Alternatively, an super annoying "are you sure you want to buy this horse, you only have 1(or 2) more you can purchase this season".

I thought I was being clever buying a Steward-bred mare for <$6k at auction and stud from AJ or new player sales page for $5k. I learned my lesson and have my dunce cap on. I don't think what I did was in the spirit of the new rule. I don't know how you can code something to account for dummies like me that couldn't be exploited.
It’s located on your “Add-Ons” page :)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/myoffice/addons.php
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Can we have have barrier trials over seas too peas? :3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Jake Simski wrote: 3 years ago Can we add a counter to player home page or some sort of horse highlight in our barns for the 2 Steward-bred horses bought this season that resets? Alternatively, an super annoying "are you sure you want to buy this horse, you only have 1(or 2) more you can purchase this season".

Oh. This made me realize that an old gelding I bought who had the same name as my dead dad's middle name counted towards my 2. Sad. I just wanted him for his name </3
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago

Oh. This made me realize that an old gelding I bought who had the same name as my dead dad's middle name counted towards my 2. Sad. I just wanted him for his name </3
I had to murder the AJ one I wanted for their name 😭💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I felt bad cus he had a headshot so I just got the horse instead
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I felt bad cus he had a headshot so I just got the horse instead
Yeah, I probably would have too than 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Could we please have "Active Grade 1 Wins" and "All Time Grade 1 Wins" in the horse rankings please?
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I would find a "Ship all horses home OR (if no home set) to Closest Farm" button very very handy
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~