One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Kent Saunders »

I like the concept of the ideas put forth and I would definitely miss the annual Steward auctions if they go away. That said this argument never seems to stop...that being over Steward breds. Who is getting them and how and this one is unfair or that one is unfair. Put a rule in and 12 people stand in line to try and break it including Hall of Fame trainers. For all the trouble it causes Em if I were her I would just ditch the SB's and start thinking about the ideas put forward and some other creative ways to keep Simflation under control. And yes that includes Taxes if it came down to it. A graduated system where trainers with less money/horses pay less (or none at all) and trainers with tons of money/horses pay alot more. Exemptions for newer players above and beyond New/Juniors...just my 2 cents....
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Stew-breds are career-starters for so many players. With the new auction format, it's easier than ever to get one under a mil, and underbids happen every auction. Private sales of such top-quality bloodlines are rare, let's be honest, and would always be out of the price range of newer or poorer players.
Plus, they're fun. Way more fun than taxes. They give you a goal, a yearly thing to save for and spend on. That's worth something. No matter how much gnashing of teeth there is about who has too many or not enough or whatever. Yeah, the partnership thing adds some twists, but I'm sure they'll all work out in the end, just like every other major change to the game that we've whined about in the last fifty sim years.
IMO, we all just need to take off the tinfoil hats and stop with the conspiracy theories...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

There isn't enough transparency here and there is too much exploitation of loopholes, rule bending and breaking for there to not be conspiracy theories.

Taxes would be simple to operate as would Glenn's suggestion of fees for foals. No downside to new players as they wouldn't have enough money to be taxed and wouldn't be breeding lots of foals if any.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Love the Foaling fee/Foaling tax idea. I don't particularly like the Bank Account tax idea. A rich player finds it easy to breed 400 mares, and on law of averages will end up with a freak or two. They they discard the rest or sell them off to unexpecting or naïve players who believe such a good breeder will have better stock. It should cost them a bundle to use this system, and they will still have their freaks if they continue it, but maybe not profit so much off it.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

If taxes replace TBS then I’m quitting and retiring and pensioning all my horses on my way out. Be damned if any of the fun police are getting access to my bloodlines after they’ve forced me out. I spend all day dealing with horse bills and tax. I come here to race fun pixel ponies without any of the emotional drama that my real life racing inevitably dumps on me. TBS hasn’t just been good to me in terms of being able to buy decent horses and expand my bloodlines, it’s a big part of how I’ve learned to breed. Observing what Em does with her mares has made breeding that little bit less baffling to me.

I do have objections to partnerships though. They’ve clearly been abused. I would personally change the rules so partnerships can’t buy horses. They have to be purchased and then given to the partnership by the partners. But I have trust in the admin team to observe a the partnership feature and adjust as needed. They’ve done it with every other new feature after all.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago There isn't enough transparency here and there is too much exploitation of loopholes, rule bending and breaking for there to not be conspiracy theories.

Taxes would be simple to operate as would Glenn's suggestion of fees for foals. No downside to new players as they wouldn't have enough money to be taxed and wouldn't be breeding lots of foals if any.
Where would you like to see more transparency?

We're human beings and it's in some people's natures to try to cheat the system. That in itself does not a conspiracy make. That's just people being s----y.

I can see a flat fee per foal simply as a means for discouraging people from breeding bad mares to bad stallions, but I don't like the idea of a sliding scale that costs big barns more than small barns. Some people prefer to play that way, and if they have the time and patience to manage a big barn, good for them. Doesn't hurt any of us with small barns, as far as I can tell.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I have started a new thread for the sole purpose of discussing stewardbred sales and taxes: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45645

To get this back on small things. I would still love the option of "vet 2nd piece" and "trainer 2nd piece" under equipment.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Smart Barns - The ability to select more than one type of criteria in the same category. IE: What if I want to select Freak AND Stakes gallopers? Currently can not.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago Smart Barns - The ability to select more than one type of criteria in the same category. IE: What if I want to select Freak AND Stakes gallopers? Currently can not.
Yes!!! +1 x 1000000 :lol:

Select all mixers. All age broodmares, no foals (so 2yo+ option)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I'd love to be able to add a "catalog" to my auctions. Gallop, Broodmare Comment, etc.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago I'd love to be able to add a "catalog" to my auctions. Gallop, Broodmare Comment, etc.
yessss
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When filtering through transactions when looking at sim money you have an option to select exchange expense/income. However when looking at game points no such option exists.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago When filtering through transactions when looking at sim money you have an option to select exchange expense/income. However when looking at game points no such option exists.
Good point. Added.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago When filtering through transactions when looking at sim money you have an option to select exchange expense/income. However when looking at game points no such option exists.
Good point. Added.
Thanks!
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Piggy backing off the filter a little, it would be awesome to have a search box on the transaction page!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt