Week 1 Friday

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Week 1 Friday

Post by Lisa Strummer »

36-6-7-10-2 Win-16.7% OTB-63.9% 193K

Good night, but frustrating. Lots of stakes places, but only one stakes win. No surprise, Jolene's barn had a much better night. Three stakes wins and 334K. Knights, Sleeve, and Killer Giant.

As the Rush Comes broke his maiden first time out with a decent speed figure.
Highest High won a maiden first time out.
Hostile Planet won an allowance.
Sheltering Sky won the California Foothills S. Still so mad at myself for forgetting to scratch out of her last race.
Trance Express broke his maiden first time out with a 78.
Without Mercy won a maiden.

2nd-Disappear and Fade maiden.
2nd-Glowe maiden.
2nd-Grand Royal allowance.
2nd-House of Rahl NW2.
2nd-St. Aubert allowance.
2nd-Tesouro allowance.
2nd-This Charming Man Brilliant Bid S.
3rd-Arctic Fox allowance.
3rd-Four of Swords 15K claimer.
3rd-Glissant NW2.
3rd-Grace and Wonder maiden.
3rd-I Wanna Be Adored Jumpstart S.
3rd-Ignis Fabri maiden.
3rd-Meant to Fly Scarlett S.
3rd-Proves maiden.
3rd-Valedictorian NW2.
3rd-Watch Me Take Off Premio Zambra.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Week 1 Friday

Post by Tim Matthews »

5: 1-1-0 Win-20.0% OTB-40.0% TOTAL: $53,540

Wikipedia is good but the rest of the horses suck. I'm cool with that.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Good night for my barn! 20: 9-3-2 Win-45.0% OTB-70.0% TOTAL:$236,250

4 stake wins:

Winston Churchill broke his maiden in his first race in the Three Ring Circus Stake with an 82sf

Famous Last Words won the G3 Prix La Marseillaise Stake. She is only $15k away from a million!

Double Wide won the New Year Stake with an 81sf

Primary Suspect won the Pet Insurance Stake
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Well I had a good night :D had 2 stakes runners and they both did very nicely :)
4:1-0-1 $36,240 $6,480 breeder awards

Bournemouth was the utmost highlight of the night winning his first stakes race (in his first stakes try, at 1 1/8 miles which is slightly too short for him) by 1 3/4 lengths :D He's now been shipped to UAE and is preparing for the Desert Gold Stakes week 4. A good performance by him will encourage me to take a tilt at the Desert Turf Classic week 6, we'll see :) I hope the SF was good! (this was my first win of the year :roll: )

Euryale ran a very good 3rd in her stakes race, I LOVE this filly! :mrgreen: She has a lot more in store this year, galloped wow again so hoping she can get another stakes win or two ;) She was gaining ground 'well' so I hope she just needed that race.

The other 2 did pretty terrible (well, one got 5th) but Silenced Forever won a maiden and I bred her so that's nice :D Congrats to the owner!

7 more wins till 100!
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I have a stable full of cats
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

This was the worst night ever!

18: 0-1-5 Win-0.0% OTB-33.3% TOTAL: $42,015

That includes a wow finishing 8th in a 11 horse field in a NW4.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nice job Bay!! Nena, I feel your pain, had that crappy night also, def looking forward to monday night
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

A so-so night. Started 10, had 2 wins and a third. The highlight was a stakes win with Lee's Wild Nicholas. horse.php?HorseID=337731

What was odd was having 4 fourth place finishes, the most 4th's I've ever had in a night.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I won both the AW sophomore Stakes races on Friday and they were my only starters. Then of course sold both horses for $300,000 to Madelene who will campaign them well. I was proud of both, worked real hard in my AW program and it wasn't easy trying to get my breeding program going with two no flat/chase potential mares and a lot of "somes" but it can be done. I always felt tremendously supported by the AW routing community and appreciated it.

Bella Mae West (by Dumbledore) won the Single Mother Stakes with a 76. She's the half sister of White Queen Runs. As much as I like her and would have loved to breed her later, I think Bella Mae West is better. Madelene got her for cheap and I think she'll be an outstanding filly for her. I'll miss her lots and really wished I could have campaigned her. Bella Trattoria the dam has a filly by West this year who looks pretty sharp. I'm still deciding who gets her or whether she's part of my own version of the (non) SIM Merit awards which will pick deserving players not for winning fake races but for how they treat real people in the best spirit of the tradition of helping other players. Just a little plug b/c it'll be coming soon. I've got 45,000 game points to give away too and might buy some more b/c it's for me the funniest part of the game.

Del Mar Magic (by Del Mar Derby) won the Stable Condition Stakes despite being only a wing. He's undefeated at a mile and a route, 4 for 4 and I was patient with him. His stakes win with a SF of 75 blue blooded colt who cost nearly $1 million twice was a bit of a surprise but i think as he ages he'll improve quite a bit. He was a favorite in my barn. He's also Del Mar Derby's first stakes winner so congratulations Ricky Stamm. Won't be his last

Long Road Home (by Mammoth) won for Michael Edwards. Congratulations!
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Last night sucked for me! No money won :( the filly that I was hoping might do good ran 7th. Her equipment is done (f8 & sr), so I don't know. Maybe she needs to mature?

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=382748
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Ashley - Perhaps a little longer sprint - 5f or better? Just looking at what her sire & dam ran best at, and some of the others in her pedigree.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

one win for me
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Darcy Mcbride wrote:Ashley - Perhaps a little longer sprint - 5f or better? Just looking at what her sire & dam ran best at, and some of the others in her pedigree.
Thanks Darcy! I'll have to try that definetly!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

got one win today as well so my worst day so far this season but still doing way more than expected