Hypothetical Match Race

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who would win 6f Dirt?

Happy Snowman
58%
Sidney
42%

Total votes: 43

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Hypothetical Match Race

Post by The Steward »

In a match race going 6 furlongs on the dirt, who would win?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Hypothetical Match Race

Post by Laura Ferguson »

What a randomly interesting question. If only we had a Week 17 for random match races! I went with Happy Snowman, because I figured the distance suits him better, while the surface change I think is an equal hit on both horses. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sidney win, though - that horse is a beast.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sidney has at least won going short before... although it was against a weak field.

Anyway, this is what happens when I have time to think in the shower ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sidney is a beast, I reckon he'd win. One does not simply win the two year old turf triple, followed by the English Triple Crown, followed by the hardest distance race series in Australia and every other Grade 1 in between! He is just...he leaves me speechless. All due respect to Happy Snowman though who is a beast in his own right!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My vote is Happy Snowman because he is a front runner and likes to run them off their feet from the start. I am also very biased :P
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Can you, like, fake-run this through the system to see what would happen? :D
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Laura Smith wrote:Can you, like, fake-run this through the system to see what would happen? :D
^^^ What she said. ;)
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I am also curious to know the result though only if it doesn't hinder the last two races of Snowman's career lol.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I too would like to see this race "fake-run"
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I actually have fake run this race with "optimal conditions" - the owners' best riders, zero tired, and fitness being a typical high level.

What was weird is that yes, Happy Snowman definitely outruns Sidney going 6 furlongs on the dirt, or ANY distance on the dirt, including a route.

That said, Sidney is actually a better SYNTHETIC horse than Happy Snowman, so going a mile on synthetic, which is Happy Snowman's bag, Sidney would beat him (or sprinting and routing).

Wrap your head around that strangeness!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote:I actually have fake run this race with "optimal conditions" - the owners' best riders, zero tired, and fitness being a typical high level.

What was weird is that yes, Happy Snowman definitely outruns Sidney going 6 furlongs on the dirt, or ANY distance on the dirt, including a route.

That said, Sidney is actually a better SYNTHETIC horse than Happy Snowman, so going a mile on synthetic, which is Happy Snowman's bag, Sidney would beat him (or sprinting and routing).

Wrap your head around that strangeness!
Because Sidney screams Synthetic pedigree?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I hate Sidney. Stay away from my one good horse lol

Side note... Breed dirt things to snowman? Haha
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Definitely threw a major bone to all breeders with this, ha.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Oh no, let's hope Susie doesn't decide to take him on an all weather tour next year!
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Steward wrote:Sidney is actually a better SYNTHETIC horse than Happy Snowman
How is this remotely possible
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’