SB Auction 02-04-15 Gallop Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

SB Auction 02-04-15 Gallop Thread

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

How did you do??
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: SB Auction 02-04-15 Gallop Thread

Post by Regina Moore »

Fifth cheapest horse in the sale was Simon, at 526k, who galloped wow. Will need works to figure out his second piece of equipment.

He wasn't a horse I was looking at until I noticed his name. Sent me back to a long-ago childhood fantasy of much greatness and success, so I had to buy him.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Regina Moore wrote:Fifth cheapest horse in the sale was Simon, at 526k, who galloped wow. Will need works to figure out his second piece of equipment.

He wasn't a horse I was looking at until I noticed his name. Sent me back to a long-ago childhood fantasy of much greatness and success, so I had to buy him.
I almost went for Simon, Regina, because that's my parrot's name. Instead, I decided on your other choice too (I noticed), Stephen. Name of my uncle (who is a pain), but real reason was because I bred his second dam (by my stud, Venting). He galloped wow, and needs a gallop piece, so I'll be waiting to work him.
Gateway Farms
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Selfless Giver, $601k, wow, one-piecer. Pleased!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kevin Rivers
Miler

Post by Kevin Rivers »

Impact
Scary Gallop Dirt Router
First scary DR I get BUT I usually sell my TBS purchases for profit so I will be taking offers and IF one interests me enough, I will sell when the 48 hours is up.

Thank you ! Good Luck with all purchases.

P.S. Money would be preferred as an offer, but will liik at trades, money and horse? ANy offer will be considered.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise. Got sniped late on a horse...dang it.
Hope he's a nice one, Regina.

Regina Hagert
Derby Contender

Post by Regina Hagert »

Guilty Remnant... Finally I got auctions TR scary/special.The last 3 auctions I have get 3 stake and sold them same way but this horse I don't sell. I am very happy for this horse.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Simon is actually named after the creator of Simon's Cat... because that's what I was watching when I named that horse.

Stephen is named after my brother.

I love naming horses.

Now, if someone could PLEASE tell me why Gracepoint was so expensive?! I mean, she's super lovely, but.... the siblings give you such little hope!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I didn't get shut out this time! I got Keys to the Safe who galloped wow. She is very well bred and I'm happy to have her! I had high bid on the Saved filly too.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm guessing on Gracepoint is that the hope is that the mare produces better fillies than colts - really like the dam side on that one.

I was happy to get Hero - I upped my bid by a bit at the end just to make sure I didn't get shut out. He galloped scary.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gracepoint is a tv series
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
440 Racing Barn
Eclipse Champion

Post by 440 Racing Barn »

glance sideways 2and cheapest in sale and he is a scary
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

The Steward wrote:Simon is actually named after the creator of Simon's Cat... because that's what I was watching when I named that horse.

Stephen is named after my brother.

I love naming horses.

Now, if someone could PLEASE tell me why Gracepoint was so expensive?! I mean, she's super lovely, but.... the siblings give you such little hope!

I assume they guessed you named it after the mini series, just trying to decode the names.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Unearthly Child was scary good! So happy to get a hopefully solid colt. I'm hoping him, Am I A Good Man, Hunt, and hopefully Bow Ties Are Cool will propel my stable to new heights.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Regina Moore wrote:Fifth cheapest horse in the sale was Simon, at 526k, who galloped wow. Will need works to figure out his second piece of equipment.

Jeff Cashell wrote:glance sideways 2and cheapest in sale and he is a scary
Lay Awake At Night was the cheapest in the sale and he is a scary and came with a note.

I will one up all of you
Nini Hunter wrote:Unearthly Child was scary good! So happy to get a hopefully solid colt. I'm hoping him, Am I A Good Man, Hunt, and hopefully Bow Ties Are Cool will propel my stable to new heights.
Nini how/why are you so good at this game
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’