Sim 7.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Sim 7.0

Post by Lori Hamill »

Oh Nena, I had seen Coleman Hell's name on there so I didn't think about it. Must have been for Older Male. I just hate to see a horse win the Triple Crown and look at his page and see Simmy's Won: 0 - so sad.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Lori Hamill wrote: 7 years ago Oh Nena, I had seen Coleman Hell's name on there so I didn't think about it. Must have been for Older Male. I just hate to see a horse win the Triple Crown and look at his page and see Simmy's Won: 0 - so sad.
He has his simmy up now :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Since we've now had time to adapt to the changes I've gotten used to most of it, and just wanted to say I really appreciate the Sim-team working so hard to make everything userfriendly, and overall it looks really nice and more modern.
There's just two things that after playing the past few days kept bothering me. First thing is the owner box on a horse's page taking up so much space that you don't have everything at one look anymore, which made entering horses quite annoying, but I guess I'll get used to that too, eventually.
But what really bothers me is that some information in the barns, search results, stud book etc. is only accessible under the little triangle now, sometimes even if it seems like there'd be enough space for it. Isn't there any way each player could give priorities themselves ? I think that would be really helpful since there isn't any way to sort horses by the information that only shows under the triangle, and I could imagine each player has different things he often wants to look at and sort his horses by. But maybe it's just me.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 7 years ago Since we've now had time to adapt to the changes I've gotten used to most of it, and just wanted to say I really appreciate the Sim-team working so hard to make everything userfriendly, and overall it looks really nice and more modern.
Thank you. We appreciate being appreciated!
First thing is the owner box on a horse's page taking up so much space that you don't have everything at one look anymore, which made entering horses quite annoying
Please try "Find Races for this Horse". We added the horse notes and recent race results to this screen in hopes that gives you the information you need when entering a horse.
But what really bothers me is that some information in the barns, search results, stud book etc. is only accessible under the little triangle now, sometimes even if it seems like there'd be enough space for it. Isn't there any way each player could give priorities themselves ? I think that would be really helpful since there isn't any way to sort horses by the information that only shows under the triangle, and I could imagine each player has different things he often wants to look at and sort his horses by. But maybe it's just me.
Please give specific examples of a situations where you can't see all the columns but where there appears to be enough space. Be sure to open the window wider to see if that makes a difference.
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Admin wrote: 7 years agoPlease try "Find Races for this Horse". We added the horse notes and recent race results to this screen in hopes that gives you the information you need when entering a horse.
neat!
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Marley Oaken
Sprinter

Post by Marley Oaken »

On mobile (iPhone so Safari), in the race viewer the header/banner from the top of the website scrolls underneath the viewer (so the viewer goes over it, but you can still see the header/banner, only it's faded). The race viewer also stretches slightly beyond the right side of the screen. The scrolling is easily remedied by not scrolling while watching, but it just doesn't seem right.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Marley Oaken wrote: 7 years ago On mobile (iPhone so Safari), in the race viewer the header/banner from the top of the website scrolls underneath the viewer (so the viewer goes over it, but you can still see the header/banner, only it's faded). The race viewer also stretches slightly beyond the right side of the screen. The scrolling is easily remedied by not scrolling while watching, but it just doesn't seem right.
I forgot about that scroll underneath problem. That should be fixed now.
The other problem, where the viewer doesn't respect the size of your screen properly, will take longer to fix. I don't know if the viewer will ever fit nicely on a phone. We will work on it.
Marley Oaken
Sprinter

Post by Marley Oaken »

That's so much better! Thanks for the quick fix! The size problem isn't a big deal. Everything can still be seen, even with the viewer going slightly past the side of the screen.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

so curious if the priority ofthe horse location on our custom barns can be moved up a couple spots.
I am trying to view my horse locations as a group from my custom racing barn, but from my ipad it does not show up as there is not enough room.

I went to the manage barn screen and unchecked everything except horse location and it still doesnt show up.
Seems there are other behind the scene sections that show up in place of the ones I removed and we do not have the option to see them or not.

i would think if "horse location" is a column in the custom barn section, if that is the only column i choose to see it would show up?

currently my custom barn from left to right is displaying:
horse name, type, equip, gallop, soundness, weather, horse type, info, races and then runs out of room before showing me the only column i actually want to see "horse location".

Is it possibly to be able to prioritize what we actually want to see from left to right in future updates?

Thanks!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pete Vella wrote: 7 years ago so curious if the priority ofthe horse location on our custom barns can be moved up a couple spots.
I am trying to view my horse locations as a group from my custom racing barn, but from my ipad it does not show up as there is not enough room.

I went to the manage barn screen and unchecked everything except horse location and it still doesnt show up.
Seems there are other behind the scene sections that show up in place of the ones I removed and we do not have the option to see them or not.

i would think if "horse location" is a column in the custom barn section, if that is the only column i choose to see it would show up?

currently my custom barn from left to right is displaying:
horse name, type, equip, gallop, soundness, weather, horse type, info, races and then runs out of room before showing me the only column i actually want to see "horse location".

Is it possibly to be able to prioritize what we actually want to see from left to right in future updates?

Thanks!
My guess is that you didn't notice the columns that were hidden on the Manage Barns page. Those checkboxes are no longer hidden although you may need to scroll to the right to see them all. You should be able to turn off equipment, gallop, soundness, weather, and horsetype. With those turned off, you should be able to location.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

looks like that is it. The choices were hidden, but now I can see them.

Thanks!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

A very minor thing but would it be possible to enable us to change the order of the columns on the page? My screen isn't quite big enough to see all the columns and with the barn name on the far left and "go to" on the far right I have to scroll every time. As "go to " is probably used every time an owner visits the page would it not be better to move it in from the far right? or at least enable us to move it if we want? There are columns that I don't want to see and if I could move one of them to the far right it would save scrolling completely for me.
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago My guess is that you didn't notice the columns that were hidden on the Manage Barns page. Those checkboxes are no longer hidden although you may need to scroll to the right to see them all. You should be able to turn off equipment, gallop, soundness, weather, and horsetype. With those turned off, you should be able to location.
We are unable to change what boxes appear in the main barns (Racing/Breeding/Training), so this requires creating a barn simply for shipping... since even on my PC location does not show up on the default racing barn (unless i'm zoomed out so small that even I can't read the print it's so small). So prioritizing location higher, or allowing us to change the default tabs would be nice.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Minor thing. I'm using Chrome. At one point, I lost the ability to use the scroll wheel on my mouse on pages like the racing barn list, the training barn, etc.. It worked for a while but now it's not working again and I'm having to use the bar off to the right to run down the list of horses. It was easier to use the scroll wheel. Any way of fixing that?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

I just noticed that on the horse pedigree pages we no lomger get the "headshots" of the really good horses.

Is this intentional or just an oversight?
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue