Curiosity: Horses Who've Changed Gallop

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Curiosity: Horses Who've Changed Gallop

Post by Art K Stables »

Ill just say I had a stakes filly as a 3 yrold turn freak at 4 and her daughter was a stakes galloper at the age of 3 and turned to a freak halfway through her 3 yr old season.., but it was the other stakes daughter/halfsibling who remained stakes that won the SC
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

This horse just went from claimer to freak when week 9 hit.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Promises Kept was productive then jumped to freak her 2yr old year. She went on to win the Ky. Oaks. And her daughter just won the Ky. Oaks!

Bacall was a sad allowance but jumped to freak at the start of the year. Now she is just a sad freak.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I have been blessed in that department. The following are the “big” jumps.

Fishing the Keys (Mark of Esteem/Tropicaldepression) is an interesting story. He was sold a couple of times then pensioned and GPd. The Steward thought enough of him to put him back in circulation. As a newbie checking out the AJ page, I thought I could maybe win a couple with him. He galloped wings, so I was pretty happy. At the time, wings could be a cheap allowance type, so onward and upward! Hey, I won a Jr High Prom race with him! Anyway, somewhere mid 3 year old year he jumped to stake. After winning a string of stakes in Asia, he won me the Steward’s Cup Turf Sprint!

Jabberwocky (Confirm Thy Crown/Featured Attraction) was still a wings gallop through his 3 year old year. The year changed and so did he, to stake. While he did win stakes at 3, his record improved dramatically at 4. After a 9 race win streak, he won my first Steward’s Cup Turf Route. Geez I miss him and if we were ever allowed to bring 1 back from the dead for 1 race, it would be him, lol....a Halloween thing? Mmmmm....

Electric Blue (Moon Shattering/Tattered) was an allowance galloping yearling. He broke his maiden first time out with a 97 speed figure. The chances are good he changed at the week 9 change, but with him entered, I didn’t gallop him. Now a freak, he went on to earn a hair over $4 million and my second Steward’s Cup Turf Route.

My most recent jump is Oasis. (Dwight Eisenhower/James Halliday) Also started as an allowance. Like Blue she jumped with her first race and 95 speed figure. The sky’s the limit for this lady...
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Mike Springer wrote: 5 years ago This horse just went from claimer to freak when week 9 hit.
I bet you breathed a BIG sigh of relief!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m loving all these stories!! And claimer to freak is amazing!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I'll nominate Koolaid Pickles as the most random horse name I've seen on the SIM.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

About 6,000 horses change during the Week 8/9 switch. But they also move within their gallop divisions, so a sadder stakes or better stakes can happen, too.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago
Mike Springer wrote: 5 years ago This horse just went from claimer to freak when week 9 hit.
Yup I was so bummed when she galloped claimer. I leased out my best mare to bred her. Hopefully she is as good as her sister. To be honest I forgot about her and then Carole sent me a message telling me I should probably gallop her. Anytime I see freak pop up it definitely puts a grin on my face.
Dan Kauffman wrote: 5 years ago I'll nominate Koolaid Pickles as the most random horse name I've seen on the SIM.
I had to change her name and in the moment anything was better than what was already there.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mike Springer wrote: 5 years ago
Yup I was so bummed when she galloped claimer. I leased out my best mare to bred her. Hopefully she is as good as her sister. To be honest I forgot about her and then Carole sent me a message telling me I should probably gallop her. Anytime I see freak pop up it definitely puts a grin on my face.
Dan Kauffman wrote: 5 years ago I'll nominate Koolaid Pickles as the most random horse name I've seen on the SIM.
I had to change her name and in the moment anything was better than what was already there.
I liked her original name!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I was so happy to see she had changed to freak! I was genuinely disappointed for Mike when she turned out claimer first out.

I did like her previous name but Mike had a very fair reason for changing it! 😬
Jamie Bates
Sprinter

Post by Jamie Bates »

5 year old mare went from Allowance to stakes
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=819558
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Mike Springer wrote: 5 years ago
Awww I vote NO name change!!! I thought it was amazing! Boooooooo Mike!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Masaya Stable
Miler

Post by Masaya Stable »

kaci change steak for freak
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Marc Plouffe wrote: 5 years ago kaci change steak for freak
Most of my horses are just steak
Got bombed, got frozen