Simmys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Simmys

Post by Nena Olson »

I only vote categories I am really familiar with so mostly DR or TR and at times AW Mile. I just don't have time to open every single horse's page to learn about these horses... its just too tedious. I didn't vote at all this year... not even for my own horses. If I don't know why a person is nominated for a breeder/trainer of the year, I skip that too. I need stats to compare them all too or it isn't fair.

ETA: I may have voted round one of the mixers now that i think about it but I don't remember LOL I'm old. Bad memory :P
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’d personally like to ditch the horse SIMMYs and have bonus race series instead. So for each area there is four races in the series and the leading points earning horse gets 10k GPs and SIM$250k or something along those lines. Something that doesn’t impact the existing large series races and SC races but also is something for players to target and worth achieving. We have bonus race series in Australia in real life racing and they are ridiculously popular.

Keep the people SIMMYs but have a detailed voting page with everyone’s stats and major achievements relevant to that award
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I only vote for divisions I feel like I'm fairly familiar with (TR, Paints) and compare records. If a horse won a race I have on my "want to win" list (mostly just with turf routers) the vote leans toward them if there's a tie. There are a lot of divisions (looking at you all all weather divisions in particular) that I really know nothing about and feel like even comparing records doesn't give me a full enough picture to have an educated vote so it seems like a disservice to vote for it since I don't have the time or want to put in the effort to learn enough about it just to vote for an award since it's unlikely I'll get involved in the division on my own.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I find Laura's name in the trainer category and click "submit."
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

John Slotmon wrote: 5 years ago I find Laura's name in the trainer category and click "submit."
What Slots said.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I had to laugh out loud at this real life Quarter Horse "SIMMY":

From Ray Paulick, on Twitter: "Eyes rolling in Quarter Horse world over year-end championships when Bodacious Eagle, owned by former @AQHA prez and Ruidoso Downs co-owner, named World Champion by committee over Jessies First Down, who beat him soundly in their only meeting. BE won 3 of 7; JFD won 4-of-4."

And a reply, "BE 3-7 and only one win outside of LosAl, yet Jessies First Down is undefeated winning at 3 different tracks and setting a track record along the way at @RemingtonPark where BE finished 3rd.. doesn’t make sense.."
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago I had to laugh out loud at this real life Quarter Horse "SIMMY":

From Ray Paulick, on Twitter: "Eyes rolling in Quarter Horse world over year-end championships when Bodacious Eagle, owned by former @AQHA prez and Ruidoso Downs co-owner, named World Champion by committee over Jessies First Down, who beat him soundly in their only meeting. BE won 3 of 7; JFD won 4-of-4."

And a reply, "BE 3-7 and only one win outside of LosAl, yet Jessies First Down is undefeated winning at 3 different tracks and setting a track record along the way at @RemingtonPark where BE finished 3rd.. doesn’t make sense.."
As always we have a lot of drama in QH racing. Part of the issue is JFD not running at Los Al, drug testing etc. Its a big mess!

Just the tip of the ice berg on all of that.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray- ... g-trainer/
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder