How did you do? (gallops)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: How did you do? (gallops)

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Absolutely shocking year. 26 of the 35 look like AJ bait as soon as they are 2yo, 8 will most likely get leased and I will have ONE with the hope of the crop on it's shoulders.

Stakes: 1-2.86% (Lady Hawke's colt naturally)
Allowance: 8-22.86%
Productive: 7-20.00%
Solid: 8-22.86%
Claimer: 11-31.43%

Total: 35-100.00%
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Remember that yearling gallops aren’t necessarily the final outcome. Special to You had a claimer go to freak, Bibliomania had a solid go to freak. They are my biggest examples but definitely not the only ones. They are also a perfect outcome because that means they hit maturity later, which means they will probably campaign at peak form until at least age 5, if not older.

If you have something well bred, hold onto it until it’s 3. Or send me a link and I might buy it from you.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Cleo Patra wrote: 5 years ago Remember that yearling gallops aren’t necessarily the final outcome. Special to You had a claimer go to freak, Bibliomania had a solid go to freak. They are my biggest examples but definitely not the only ones. They are also a perfect outcome because that means they hit maturity later, which means they will probably campaign at peak form until at least age 5, if not older.

If you have something well bred, hold onto it until it’s 3. Or send me a link and I might buy it from you.
I unfortunately have never had one improve, they all stay the same for me 😢 hopefully one of these will!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 5 years ago
Ashley Hunt wrote: 5 years ago Spoiler Alert #3

Everything in my little barn was claimer :shock: :shock: Fern, I think I need to take 101 again. I don't understand it, everything nicked well, all were either blue hen, star, or formidable. I think this game hates me breeding.
That is wrong to have that kind of bad luck. I think I will wait about a week too gallop so I can prepare for the let down.
Do you have superpowers?
I give you a day before you crack lol
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago
Kenneth Prater wrote: 5 years ago
Ashley Hunt wrote: 5 years ago Spoiler Alert #3

Everything in my little barn was claimer :shock: :shock: Fern, I think I need to take 101 again. I don't understand it, everything nicked well, all were either blue hen, star, or formidable. I think this game hates me breeding.
That is wrong to have that kind of bad luck. I think I will wait about a week too gallop so I can prepare for the let down.
Do you have superpowers?
I give you a day before you crack lol
I give it a couple of hours lol
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I have 3 freaks
King Of Stars filly who i believe is going to be a game changer (3 freaks already higher percentage then WOG)
WOG filly
and a James Dean colt

24 stakes and of them 10 are by If Looks Could and then another note worthy is I bred an AW Miler stake * lol
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

16 yearlings

3 stakes
2 allowance
3 productive
2 solid
6 claimers

Stakes gallopers:
Nights Quiet x Blue Atlantic (Pride of Atlantis) colt
Happy This Way x Copper Fern (Doctor) colt
World Wakes Softly x Dramatic Phantom (The Opera Ghost) filly
Seagrass Farm
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I really think that all the tools we have now - nicks, gallop %'s, BSA comments -- and the amount of stock we put in those letters and numbers -- are what's setting us up for disappointment. I mean, gallops have always been a source of disappointment for as long as we've had gallops, but it was easier to take when all we knew was "nice mare + nice stallion = crappy baby." Now we have "nice mare, blue hen, flat A hypo, by a sire who fires at X% stakes winners as a BMS + nice stallion, one of the best hypoers in the division, X% stakes or better, X% freaks = crappy baby" and it feels a lot worse because we had so many more reasons to be hopeful. I love having all these tools to judge our horses by... but in the end we still have to breed on the basis of more than just a BSA comment or hypo, and above all, we're all still at the mercy of our cruel oppressor, the Random Slide.

Bad years happen to all of us, and good years too...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Bob Probert
Miler

Post by Bob Probert »

Worst crop ever. This sucks.

70 foals

0 Freaks :shock:
4 Stakes :x
9 Allowance :cry:
23 Productive :o
12 Solid :roll:
17 Claimer :evil:
5 Different Career :evil:
Last edited by Bob Probert 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
STANDING:
Away From You

Home of SC winners: Simmering Saint, Arresting Valor, Dynotude, Dynospotting, Flop Away, Dynobig, Dynotrue, True Mix, El Rio Corre, and Away From You!

Breed Champions!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

And speaking of bad years :lol:

158 TBs

0 freaks (STILL haven't bred a TB freak that galloped freak as a yearling)
5 stakes (3.16%) 4x TS and a DR
43 alw (27.2%)
37 prod (23.4%)
21 solid (13.3%)
50 claimer (31.6%) ...wt f
2x DC, but one's a chaser, so ok

Actually not that far off from last year, I guess:
Total non-chaser TBs: 118
6 stakes, 5 of which are TS (5%)
31 alw (26%)
30 prod (25%)
18 solid (15%)
32 claimer (27%)
annnd one DC, haha.
I can't complain, really. There were still some nice ones. But man... that feeling when the ones you REALLY REALLY want to be nice aren't nice? It hurts.
Onwards and upwards. Can't wait to race the 2YOs :D
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

2 DR Filly Freaks, both from insanely nice mares.

Cruella De Vil is a daughter of Wish Upon A Star, and a full sister to the mare that produced The People's Horse, as well as 1/2 sister to many other nice things.

Never Sleep Again is a 1/2 sister to Derby winner and freshman sire extraordinaire Kingdom Come. Really excited to get this bloodline in my broodmare barn.

I've also got 19 stakes and 64 allowances from a total of 198 bred. First world problem complaint, but I'm very disappointed with the result this year. I've made a ton of strides in improving my broodmare band the past 5-10 SIM years, and yet there's been no noticeable improvement on gallop days.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

For TB's, I have

1 Stakes colt by Be Prepared Angel Scout. My first Stakes DR that I bred.
31 Allowance
23 Productive
28 Solid
50 Claimer
6 Diff Career

Claimers are a little high, but that's what All Weather will do to you!

My Mixers were better!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I will say though there's one yearling that I'm excited about! Dandia is an allowance but was bred to be a chaser (on a B+/B+ cross) so I'm really looking forward to seeing if she is indeed a dual ability horse!

Also, my turf sprinter mares have been producing crud for me for years and so I leased them out last season out of frustration. What happens? They finally produce like they're supposed to. 4 Stakes, a bunch of allowance gallopers and only 2 or 3 below that. Those darn mares hate me :lol:
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

how do i gallop horses again?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Well. I´m happy, but at the same time dissapointed because many mares didn´t do as good as they should (claimers out of blue hens and so on...)

BUT I GOT MY FIRST TB_FREAK!!! And I´m very happy about that! Look at this beauty! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1062592

Here is my numbers...:
295 TB (including 130 steeplechasers)
1 Freak (DR)
4 stakes (DR)
43 allowance
32 productive
31 solid
65 claimer
119 different career (steeplechasers)

The mixers did... well not very good. 1 arab freak and 1 appalosafreak. We don´t have to speak about the rest... ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser