Gallops complaints

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Gallops complaints

Post by Xander Zone »

Okay it’s Christmas morning we all opened our shiny new gifts now it’s time to return some !

What ones are u returning and also if u want to complain the steward has a special hotline number for this time of year its 1-800-all night
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: Gallops complaints

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I've called several times and its always busy!
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

My broodmare barn is light years better than it was 5 or 10 years ago, but I’m consistently not breeding more freaks or stakes. Pretty down on that.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Danny, considering the amounts of really good horses you seem to have every single year, you have little room to complain. I'll trade you barns and breeding luck, then you'd have something to complain about!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 years ago Danny, considering the amounts of really good horses you seem to have every single year, you have little room to complain. I'll trade you barns and breeding luck, then you'd have something to complain about!
All I'd have to complain about is an SC Classic win last year!

I'm not complaining that all my horses suck. I'm just down on the fact that even though I've put in a ton of effort and spent a ton of money, my overall results haven't shown much of an improvement. Does it mean that I don't have good horses every year? Of course not. It just means I don't think I'm making forward progress, which is frustrating.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

All I'd have to complain about is an SC Classic win last year!

I'm not complaining that all my horses suck. I'm just down on the fact that even though I've put in a ton of effort and spent a ton of money, my overall results haven't shown much of an improvement. Does it mean that I don't have good horses every year? Of course not. It just means I don't think I'm making forward progress, which is frustrating.
Castles Crumble is my one good horse for the last four years. Despite breeding almost nothing but stars or blue hens and spending enormous amounts of time, effort and GPs, it's been more than that since I retired the last standout horse I had, Lady So Divine. Four years before that, I had Imperative. So, considering the quality of mares that I've had and the studs they've been bred to, yea, I would trade your results with mine in a heartbeat.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I hate to be the depressed "my horses suck" person but I am about ready to quit the game after this round of gallops. I spent last year doing a deep cull of my barn, putting a lot of work into breeding the horses, placing horses in races, ect. and had my worst year ever (even worse than when I threw horses in random races just so the game wouldn't disperse my horses for a full RL year) followed by crap gallops. I know I'm putting too much weight on gallops but I'm to the point where the game just isn't fun anymore.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Melissa Mae wrote: 5 years ago I hate to be the depressed "my horses suck" person but I am about ready to quit the game after this round of gallops. I spent last year doing a deep cull of my barn, putting a lot of work into breeding the horses, placing horses in races, ect. and had my worst year ever (even worse than when I threw horses in random races just so the game wouldn't disperse my horses for a full RL year) followed by crap gallops. I know I'm putting too much weight on gallops but I'm to the point where the game just isn't fun anymore.
just think of some of those nice ones still running =).
That crazy fast dirt sprinter you have.

things will turn around.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago
Melissa Mae wrote: 5 years ago I hate to be the depressed "my horses suck" person but I am about ready to quit the game after this round of gallops. I spent last year doing a deep cull of my barn, putting a lot of work into breeding the horses, placing horses in races, ect. and had my worst year ever (even worse than when I threw horses in random races just so the game wouldn't disperse my horses for a full RL year) followed by crap gallops. I know I'm putting too much weight on gallops but I'm to the point where the game just isn't fun anymore.
just think of some of those nice ones still running =).
That crazy fast dirt sprinter you have.

things will turn around.
I think you have the wrong person. I don't have dirt sprinters (or any stakes - or even allowance - horses at the moment).
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

ughh sorry i know who it is now. sorry your gallops didn't turn out the way you liked them to.
My TB disappointed me. Some really nice blue hens to the very best sires resulting in allowance or less.
hopefully they improve.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I share your grief Melissa. I had so many great Broodmares produce there worst foal to date by a longshot(multiple stakes producer giving me claimers)I researched pedigrees and everything and I feel like the slide just killed me... Not feeling to good about the SIM right now
yeah
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

I can't figure out breeding...and may never. I bred one freak in my life...Message in a Dream...and she came from a mare the BSA said didn't think would ever produce a winner! LOL. My stars throw productive and my hens usually throw allowances. Of my 20 foals this year, I managed 2 stakes,
8 allowance, 3 productive, 2 solids, 3 claimers and 2 who will either be plowing the north 40 or entertaining children with rides at the local carnival.
I have gone beyond admiration to sheer envy of those players who can breed such great horses each year. SIM Christmas for me is like scratching a lottery ticket...I'm only surprised when I win (and breed a stakes)...I've come to accept that I will likely not.
That being said, I will continue to try breeding...will continue to seek tips from the great ones...and 17 or 18 weeks from now, wake up early SIM Christmas morning as excited as I always am.

Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I have a mare, Cleo's Gift, whose only three offspring have all been stakes horses.
My complaint = No FREAK, ....... YET.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

This is why I don’t breed horses in real life. The other day I was in a race with a mare that was a full sister to a multiple group/grade 1 winner and a lovely type. Nothing physically wrong with her. Got thrashed in a weak maiden. Another horse I ride was a 1.2 million dollar yearling. Amazing looking horse. Had only managed to earn 40k in his long career.

I’m glad I have fake ponies to be angsty about. If they were real ones you’d probably hear about me going on a rampage on the news :lol: the SIM is hair pulling frustrating but at least it’s still kinder than real life
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Melissa, I've felt like quitting so many times, but it's still enjoyable for me, and I hope it will be again for you very soon.
I think I mentioned in an article once that I think the game is all about the possibility of hope, and we all know what it's like without hope. So on that note, I think you and I and everyone else who feels disappointed with gallops should just find some new strategies and take a break from breeding for awhile! (maybe.....)