Shipping

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Crisjay Bellosillo
Two Year Old

Shipping

Post by Crisjay Bellosillo »

Hello do we need to set home location on every horse thanks
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Shipping

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Crisjay Bellosillo wrote: 5 years ago Hello do we need to set home location on every horse thanks
Nope, it’s just an option to make it faster to ship a horse after a race.
yeah
Crisjay Bellosillo
Two Year Old

Do i need set auto ship and how many days should i put to ship my horse before post time thanks
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Crisjay Bellosillo wrote: 5 years ago Do i need set auto ship and how many days should i put to ship my horse before post time thanks
Depends on how far the away the track is. I set mine for 3 days before so there is time to recover from the ship.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Crisjay Bellosillo
Two Year Old

thanks lori
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I wonder if anyone has ever left a horse at a track for a week after it was shipped for a race because a better race was found at the same track a week later? Do you ship to the nearest location and then re-ship, or do you just leave the horse at the track until the race?
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I always ship to a farm immediately after races. There's no substitute for the benefit of farm rest, even if it's just a few days before the horse ships back to the same track.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Thank you, Regina!
In this case, I've scratched a horse from a race on Monday, but there's a smaller field at the same track the following week, so I wasn't sure if she should be shipped and then reshipped again or just left at the track for a week.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Shipping

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Fern Thompson wrote: 5 years ago I wonder if anyone has ever left a horse at a track for a week after it was shipped for a race because a better race was found at the same track a week later? Do you ship to the nearest location and then re-ship, or do you just leave the horse at the track until the race?
I would leave the horse at the track. In theory it already had enough rest before being shipped for the first race. Also horses do accumulate rest at the track just not as much as they would at a farm. But I don't know that the extra they get at the farm would be enough to counter the 2 additional ships to go to the farm and back for what a couple days at the farm.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*