Y51 - TBS Mare Lease Auction: Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Y51 - TBS Mare Lease Auction: Results

Post by Rochelle Bos »

So! I’m curious big spenders, how did your foals turn out? :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Y51 - TBS Mare Lease Auction: Results

Post by Carole Hanson »

Shinsei-Satono Moon x Shinyuu (leased for $800,002) galloped ‘Allowance’
Last edited by Carole Hanson 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=773902

Just An Act - Magnet For Money - Minions leased for $300,000

Full (different gender though) to a very nice allowance or low stakes bred by the steward.

Claimer.

I laughed :)
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Spent $1.7 million on San Diego Legend. Bred her to Peaceful and got a productive galloper.

For a long time now I've wanted to make Peaceful/Rilian mare a thing because it makes for a 3x3 to Shalom foal. I even did a special promotion for it a few years back. But those foals have never been great (on the other hand Peaceful/Aleksander mare which is 3x3 to Seven Keys has worked nicely). So I debated do I breed the mare to someone who has proven success with Rilian mares (I was thinking Mickey) or do I support my own stallion and give him a foal out of a steward mare with incrossing to a super mare. I decided I wanted to try and support him and give him a spark (he only saw 3 outside mares last year, it was sad) and yup $1.7 million productive galloper.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

It's interesting you say that about the 3 x 3 to Shalom, Tammy, because that's exactly what I did with Secret Smootches, who I leased for $3.1 million. Prior to this foal, she had produced two freaks and four stakes, and the foal I bred is both 3x3 to Shalom and 3x3 to Frankel (sire is Between the Stars). My resulting filly, named Gazing At Stars, galloped stakes, so I'm pleased.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I'm hoping for improvement with mine. The Black Tide/Two Toned nick has worked other times. Hopefully my million dollar solid will turn into a stakes as a 3yo or something.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I have never had much luck with steward mare leases. I didn’t even try this time around.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I didn't remember I had a lease (ha). But historically people who BUY mares from me do REALLY well, and leases end up frustrating. I don't know why. But I often regret selling mares, as you do!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago I didn't remember I had a lease (ha). But historically people who BUY mares from me do REALLY well, and leases end up frustrating. I don't know why. But I often regret selling mares, as you do!
Lies. 2 Claimers since I've bought her, she was a freak/stakes machine before.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... eID=613540
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago
The Steward wrote: 5 years ago I didn't remember I had a lease (ha). But historically people who BUY mares from me do REALLY well, and leases end up frustrating. I don't know why. But I often regret selling mares, as you do!
Lies. 2 Claimers since I've bought her, she was a freak/stakes machine before.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... eID=613540
That's because she suffered from the Curse of Danny, obvs.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I leased Good Kind of Story and the foal produced is a wings. I always do terribly with Steward bred leases.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Mixed results over the last ten years or so:

Leased four mares from the Steward. One claimer, one solid, one alw and one stakes. The claimer and the solid were both totally useless broodmares (and they got plenty of opportunity to prove otherwise.)
One ex-Steward mare lease yielded a productive who at least got the "star" comment.
I've bought two ex-Stews in the last few years. One threw 100% stakes before I got her; I've gotten five foals out of her since: claimer, solidx2, productive and thankfully one stakes. The other had eight alw+, including a freak, and her yearling for me is a solid.

When I lease these things I'm not hoping for spectacular racetrack performance necessarily, but just to get a decent piece of the damline in my mare barn. Doesn't always work out, heh. Also I learned the hard way that if you have an average quality stallion, it's not always the best idea to try to support him with mares that you only get one shot at.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pretty sure I had 2 leased mares before this one

In the case of Wind and Sea I leased the mare in year 31 for $150,000 and got a stakes winner who went on to win a little under $300,000 which was more than some of the stewardbred foals by the mare. Interesting aside the mares offspring averaged $533,609 in their various stewardbred sales and that $150,000 wasn't an underbid... Oh how stewardbred prices have changed through the years.

Fast forward to year 48 and I paid a little over $1 million to lease Calexico's dam. Got an allowance galloper who was also a stakes winner with a little under $200,000 in earnings.

So I've done ok in the past.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I bought this mare https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... eID=513300 from The Steward in Y46. Everything above the red line is after that. The before and after on her is depressing - keep in mind she's a Blue Hen.

Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Um...and keep in mind I am nowhere near the breeder you are, but I'm wondering why you didn't breed her to any of the sires the Steward used to produce those amazing offspring...Also, she seems to be better at females.