TBS Foals

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

TBS Foals

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Just curious if anyone got a note? :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Cate Lynn
Miler

Re: TBS Foals

Post by Cate Lynn »

I’ve been wondering too!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The big mystery.
My thoughts.
If she didn’t bother naming the horse...don’t think she will put a note telling you to keep the name haha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Maybe the note tells you what the name is? :)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago The big mystery.
My thoughts.
If she didn’t bother naming the horse...don’t think she will put a note telling you to keep the name haha
Those were my thoughts! But if someone did get a note it would throw that theory out the window :P

Also from what I remember notes are more then just about the names aren’t they? I think some say if she likes the foal or not?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Most say “please don’t change the name” with a heart
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

My foal had a name but not note for what it's worth.

Interestingly the only stew bred I ever got with a note was actually kind of ordinary: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=556404
I mean don't get me wrong he was a decent horse but in the grand scheme of stewardbreds??? He wasn't my best one.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I think if Em didn’t have the energy and time to name most of them, she probably didn’t have energy and time to put notes in either. I reckon what happened with the naming thing was that she bred a few and was naming them but decided that it’s taking too long and just went on breeding without naming the foals because that takes too long.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago I think if Em didn’t have the energy and time to name most of them, she probably didn’t have energy and time to put notes in either. I reckon what happened with the naming thing was that she bred a few and was naming them but decided that it’s taking too long and just went on breeding without naming the foals because that takes too long.
You got me pegged!

I want to say there was one note on keeping a name from the what, 5 horses with names? Notes are 99% that I love the name and don't want someone to change it. That other 1% is something fun.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I've never changed a Steward-bred's name. I did name my foal "Tbs Foal" though for good luck.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

When I won Moment of Darkness way back when he was a youngin, I thought I won the jackpot of all horses because his note was "<3 please keep name, and smirk because you're the lucky soul who got THIS horse" but he wasn't a standout.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

when I won my first stewbred I renamed her runaround sioux because I had no idea that anyone cared what the name was.. I found out that was bad form lol, I wish I knew what the original name of that horse is, cant see it in the history well anyways, she was an ok runner, did so so as a mare, but her grand daughter turned out to be rather Krispy out of Ouiji and it all changed... so sometimes winning that stewbred can turn into something great down the line.. even if not at first apparent
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I'm guess I'm special since I purchased a 1% horse years back. lol Speak with Fists came with the comment It's probably better to speak with your words, but sometimes it has to be settled with fists
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Wait these things come with notes ?? What about owners manuals ?
Like this is a DR not a TR you idiot and stop running it 2 miles it wants to go 1.4 .
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I've only renamed a Steward-bred once, and Em said she liked my name way better. :)