Underbids

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Underbids

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I had the high bid on this one a little over 10 mill https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1060893 until the random roll chose the other I also had a high bid on.
I won the lower of my two bids by the way with https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1066793 so the lowest bid theory is still alive.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I have a hard time believing it is random too...
I believe there is a list (alphabetical, the order they were put up for auction, lowest bid first, highest bid first, or the order they are on the stewards computer), system starts from the top, assigns the horse to the top bidder, if the top bidder is ineligeble, it goes to next underbid etc...
It is only a matter of figuring out in which order the horses are "given out".
From last two posts, it seems lowest bid to highest?
Anyone vote for alphabetical? Or the order they are when you first open the auction?

My guess goes for alphabetical order... Anyone ever lost a horse named AAAaaaargh because two other bids?
These are just my speculations of course...
(I hope the Steward names a horse Aaaaaaargh in the next auction. Then I can test my theory...)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If you really want to track it, you'd take a snapshot of the auction with about 3 seconds to go, check who has an excess number of bids, and then see how those bids shook out. I've had it go both ways - I've won the horse that I had the highest bid on, and lost the horse that I had the highest bid on. No idea about alphabetical, because I never paid attention to it.

It could just as easily be, sort through everyone who has one or two bids - pull those horses out of the auction. Then, go through the players that have three bids, pull one horse at random out of the auction. Then, for those remaining horses, start going through the underbids, and I have no idea what order that is done in.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

It is easier to use the community. Anyone who "lost" a horse that was closer to "Aaaaaaargh" than the horses that was won at Steward auction?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Making it even trickier, could it be that underbids are worked out based on horse ID? So if you end up with three high bids and can only win two, you get the two which were born first/have the lower Horse IDs? Could be "fun" tracking that.