Underbids

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Underbids

Post by Dylan Christensen »

So I’ve got to know...what were the best underbids you got in the auction? I got lucky and came home with s $60k underbid on this guy https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1102782. Hopefully what I need to jumpstart my DR stable with the 3rd cheapest horse in all 3 auctions.
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Underbids

Post by Danny Derby »

great thing is you can run him in a $100K claimer and turn a profit.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago great thing is you can run him in a $100K claimer and turn a profit.
Hoping he can make that back running like the rest of his siblings lol.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’ve only paid “full price” for a Stewie (at auction) once, but I’ve gotten three under bids:

Slay Girl Slay
High Bid: $4 mil
Paid: $500,001

Here in My Heart (formerly Night Ride)
High Bid: $550,009
Paid: $310,002

Underbid
High Bid: $1.1 Mil
Paid: $1,504 (I’m told this is the cheapest Stewardbred price of all time??)

I originally bought the DR filly to flip, but now I kinda like her :lol: we’ll see how she gallops..
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

I saw the $1k pick up that was insane
yeah
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

You are amongst the most likely to earn your money back!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Brad Searcy
Miler

Post by Brad Searcy »

I feel like I remember there being an underbid won on a horse sired by Halloween Town for $1 (or some paltry sum) a handful of SIM years back, more likely even a handful of RL years back by now. Unfortunately I have barely any details about this...
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I know Steward-breds have gone unsold altogether in auctions for whatever that is worth.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brad Searcy wrote: 5 years ago I feel like I remember there being an underbid won on a horse sired by Halloween Town for $1 (or some paltry sum) a handful of SIM years back, more likely even a handful of RL years back by now. Unfortunately I have barely any details about this...
I looked at all Halloween Town's Stewie foals and this filly was the cheapest, then there was this mare haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Brad Searcy wrote: 5 years ago I feel like I remember there being an underbid won on a horse sired by Halloween Town for $1 (or some paltry sum) a handful of SIM years back, more likely even a handful of RL years back by now. Unfortunately I have barely any details about this...
I looked at all Halloween Town's Steward foals and this filly was the cheapest, then there was this mare haha
Soul of a Champion ended up with zero bids at the end of the first TBS auction she was entered in. I had the high bid on both her and Fireproof (ended up with him), and apparently, every one that had an underbid on her had another horse, so when it all shook out, she remained unsold. She was added to the next auction, and I ended up as the high bidder on her.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago Soul of a Champion ended up with zero bids at the end of the first TBS auction she was entered in. I had the high bid on both her and Fireproof (ended up with him), and apparently, every one that had an underbid on her had another horse, so when it all shook out, she remained unsold. She was added to the next auction, and I ended up as the high bidder on her.
Ya, recall that auction, had an underbid on Fireproof and didn't actually win a horse myself that auction. :roll:

The thing that puzzled me at the time was how your $14m bid was overlooked for your $7m bid.
Brad Searcy
Miler

Post by Brad Searcy »

Soul of a Champion is the situation I was thinking of.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago Soul of a Champion ended up with zero bids at the end of the first TBS auction she was entered in. I had the high bid on both her and Fireproof (ended up with him), and apparently, every one that had an underbid on her had another horse, so when it all shook out, she remained unsold. She was added to the next auction, and I ended up as the high bidder on her.
Ya, recall that auction, had an underbid on Fireproof and didn't actually win a horse myself that auction. :roll:

The thing that puzzled me at the time was how your $14m bid was overlooked for your $7m bid.
If you have more than the number of bids you can win, the horses you actually get are at random. You're not guaranteed to get the horse you have the highest bid on. The practical effect of that is, if you really want a particular horse, you might not want to have extra bids floating around, because you might end up with the horses you want less and missing out on the horse you really want. On the other hand, the system potentially runs the risk of taking less money out of the game. Sometimes, I lose out on the horse that I have a higher bid on, sometimes it is the lower bid.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I agree with Laura, when I have one I really, really want, then that’s the only horse I bid on. Probably my best underbid, I won Saphira on an underbid and I believe Jon Xett had high bid of $8 million...
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago
Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago

If you have more than the number of bids you can win, the horses you actually get are at random. You're not guaranteed to get the horse you have the highest bid on. The practical effect of that is, if you really want a particular horse, you might not want to have extra bids floating around, because you might end up with the horses you want less and missing out on the horse you really want. On the other hand, the system potentially runs the risk of taking less money out of the game. Sometimes, I lose out on the horse that I have a higher bid on, sometimes it is the lower bid.
Are we sure it's not always the lowest bid? It always seems to be the lowest bid one that I win in situations like that.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time