New Trophies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: New Trophies

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I agree with Danny’s first post, our trophy case needs updating.

And Stormy, on your side note, the phrase “Red headed stepchild” is a slur, not a tribute....are you sure you want to curse your horse?
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick, I've been aware of the phrase 'beat ya like a red headed step child' since I was young - I fully understand the meaning of the phrase. In the context of this thread, 'treated like a red headed stepchild' and people talking about mixers being ignored, I doubt anyone would have a problem understanding it's not a positive phrase - and it's not every horse in the Sim get's a beautiful positive name.. heck I had one called Pizza She Ate.

Also.. I guess since we are explaining things. The foal (a mixer) is a Red Roan, so a red head -the dam was Jalapeno Pepper named, of course, for a hot pepper - red heads are known for having hot tempers. So I thought that fit into the name too. I also thought it would be a funny name if the foal turned out really great and will beat other horses in races - so in an ironic twist - they would be beat by a red head step child.

I was just trying to bring a little humor into a thread with the name.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I would love to get a trophy for our Simmys in our trophy case
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

If we’re talking mixers maybe a trophy for the Spotted series of Appy Sprint stakes races. They’re the biggest Appy races besides the SC so maybe they could get some love.
yeah
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I would love to get a trophy for our Simmys in our trophy case
There is already a SIMMY trophy, it just goes to people I think
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago I would love to get a trophy for our Simmys in our trophy case
I think the problem they will run into with this is if someone leased the horse for that year. The horse will have already been returned to it's owner by the time the SIMMY voting happens, so the trophy would go to the owner and not the person who ran the horse.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

We need 5 and 10 year and 15 year player trophies too. :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago We need 5 and 10 year and 15 year player trophies too. :D
5-Happy 5 Year Anniversary!
10-Wow, you're still here?!
15-A kid who was born on the day you started the SIM is now at high school, feel old yet?
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago
This is a fact. It’s a cool trophy too.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
I think the problem they will run into with this is if someone leased the horse for that year. The horse will have already been returned to it's owner by the time the SIMMY voting happens, so the trophy would go to the owner and not the person who ran the horse.
Yea there are definitely logistical issues, like what if someone sells a horse too. But I personally would rather see a record of my simmy victories with a few inaccuracies than no record of my simmy victories outside of going to individual horse pages.
Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago There is already a SIMMY trophy, it just goes to people I think
Indeed there is. I just pulled up Pete's page to see it (assuming he had a few dozen) and it is indeed very nice. Though as I doubt I shall ever win one of those I stand by wanting one for the horses.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 5 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago
This is a fact. It’s a cool trophy too.
Thanks! I based it off of a real life Eclipse Award!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

The 2yr old sprint champ has been an institution since the beginning of the Sim, the same with the Arc, and I'd love to see them get trophies. Mixer trophies probably require their own thread because how you work out which races for which breed and distance get recognition is a whole megillah on its own.

What I'd really love to see would be something that organizes the trophies on your profile instead of making them one amorphous blob. Maybe turn that area into links that show specific trophies; Trainer trophies, TC trophies, SC Trophies split between TB and mixer, Misc other trophies.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I could definitely go for some updates to the trophies. As for mixers, the QH TC races would be cool to have something, same with the Arab desert cup, but for Appys and Paints I don't feel there are big enough races to warrant trophies other than the SC
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I want blankets for all G1 race wins too! ;)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I think blankets would be awesome, Ali.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON