Two yearl old turf triple

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Two yearl old turf triple

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I just looked at some races to potentially target for my 2 year old sb turf router and the two year old turf triple crossed my mind. I know Sidney won it back in year 37, but has it even been attempted since then? I wondered whether it is even possible today when all horses are as specialized as they are?
I would appreciate it if some people who know more about this would share some insight :)
Lisa
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Two yearl old turf triple

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It’s like winning the Triple Crown, requiring great versatility and endurance. When these races were all created, it was common to start a horse sprinting and as they aged, lengthen their races. It matched real life more so than now. Will it happen again? Inevitably, but will take a truly great horse to do it. Breeding has changed, so taking a sprinter to a router will probably end up with a distance confused horse, more than a diversified one.

Ironically, I’m hesitant to say it can’t be done. Murphy will automatically make it happen, lol.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I think with the recent influx of bloodlines with multiple distance capabilities, this will be more possible than ever in the near future... IF we start breeding outside the box with good quality mares, which is sometimes hard to convince yourself to do.

I will note that the field Sidney beat in the Favorite Trick was one of the worst G1 fields I've ever seen and he still only managed by a nose ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

For it to happen again, the following must be in place:

-Someone who is actively trying to do it, aka breeding a multi-distance mare to a multi-distance sire, likely a miler with route ability or a miler with 7 furlong ability
-Either the first or last leg has to be really weak with horses going to the SC
-The horse has to be started early and campaigned with the series in mind

It CAN be done!!! If you need a SIM goal, there is one for ya!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago For it to happen again, the following must be in place:

-Someone who is actively trying to do it, aka breeding a multi-distance mare to a multi-distance sire, likely a miler with route ability or a miler with 7 furlong ability
Whilst this challenge does appeal to my sense of humour, actually thought about this multi distance surface thing earlier today and came to the conclusion of the foundation mare being the key and the most obvious course of using the more recent imported sirelines. However, the likelihood of acquiring a known multi distance mare is rather challenging to the point of being next to impossible from the way I see it since you would need to select the mare, breed the mare several times and then MAYBE find out if she has the ability.
Now was someone to point me in the direction of four or five mares that met this criteria (extra required for furthering diversity of bloodline), then I think I would give it a go. 8-)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Does it work like the three triple crown races for 3 year olds?

I noticed 2yo turf triple is 14/15/16. Will horses get that extra rest if they races in those races?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago For it to happen again, the following must be in place:

-Either the first or last leg has to be really weak with horses going to the SC
-The horse has to be started early and campaigned with the series in mind

I guess I’ve been told! Lol....thanks for your input Emily!
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Thank you for the answers!
Maybe some Simsters with more resources who have already reached their more basic goals could see this as a fun challenge. Would certainly be nice to watch/ follow :D