Tonight's Races!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Tonight's Races!

Post by The Steward »

I know sometimes we whine about a wide-open Derby, but this one is one of the "worst" in that regard. It's absolutely packed with horses that just keep beating each other.

The Desert World Cup may be the best field we've ever assembled for it, horse for horse.

The Oaks is a little bit lacking in hype this year.

The Golden Sprint is really good, I think. It will be fun to see if Brianna's filly can beat the boys again, or if Dark Prophesy avenges his lone loss.

I also like races that we don't call, like the Derby Mile, etc.

Anyone else PUMPED UP!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Tonight's Races!

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m super excited! But also so nervous! I have a horse in the Lexington Bunbury, is it always this stressful?! How do people with horses in MULTIPLE of these big races handle the stress 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I have a few nice ones running tonight and I'm super excited. I have 2 nice 3yr olds in the Bunbury and Bunburette that have me very excited for the rest of their careers. Also PJB in the big Dubai turf mile race! He is such a cool dude I always look forward to his races.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I've got 3 in the called races (Lazorgator in the Duty Free, Silver Tabby Cat in the Bunbury, One More Kiss in the Oaks), along with two others in more pedestrian stakes (Pete the Cat and a juvy turf sprinter named Giratina), so I'm crossing my fingers for a nice payday. Gotta keep my name up there on the "average earnings per start" rankings! ;)

I'd really love to get One More Kiss a big win before I retire her at the end of this year to make the Year 55 Derby winner, but that's easier said than done!
I have a stable full of cats
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Desert Turf Classic is a small field but boy oh boy is it quality!
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Fancy Shoes/Courage need I say how excited I am?
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I've got Mister Awesome named in honor of Scott Eiland running in the Scott Eiland Memorial Desert Marathon. Hands down my sentimental favorite for the evening.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

It's real-life New Zealand Derby day today, with the big race itself set to go at 4:55pm. I have runners in both the Louisville Oaks and Derby, with post times of... 4:45pm and 4:55pm.

I remember a few years ago I was in Auckland (can't remember why; it was a Saturday so I don't think it was for a race meeting), standing at the base of the Sky Tower trying to listen to Steelheart's Louisville Derby on my phone. It would've been a bit ridiculous to go up to Auckland for the NZ Derby today, only to find a quiet spot near the tie-ups to listen to a couple of SIM races while everyone else is watching the real deal.

So I'm at home, punting on races all day and trying to figure out what I'll do come 4:45. I'll probably listen to the Oaks, pause the broadcast, watch the NZ Derby and then listen to the Louisville Derby a few minutes after it was called live.

Really looking forward to it. I think I have live chances in both races, and I don't have much coming up the pipeline so this could be the highlight for the next few years.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Always pumped up for Derby Night! I think there are going to be some great racing and a few surprise winners!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED