Things that make you go 'AGHH!'

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Things that make you go 'AGHH!'

Post by Carole Hanson »

This one (freak) and this one (MG1W, stakes) not even placing in the top 3 today. :evil:
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Things that make you go 'AGHH!'

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Not good!!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Sorry... :roll:
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Thar would make me go aghhh, too......a 5 yr old millionaire & a 3 yr old filly who's won 3 out of 5 races. :?
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 5 years ago Sorry... :roll:
Not your fault my horses decided to test my patience today :lol: And besides that, Oasis is an awesome mare so she was always going to be tough competition
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Sorry Carole.... But I think I have proof that Eroica is just plain no good. This nag has continued her run of fine freak form running yet another disastrous race despite being A) a freak, B) one of the fastest working fillies yearlings in her age group, C) being a closing type with a horse to chase down... oh wait.. she caught ONE of eight!!!

This Thing apparently can't win unless he runs a 94SF, 93 is just not enough effort. The front running claimer in the previous race was able to win with a 93sf from the one barrier, the only consolation on the result was only one horse did catch him. Interestingly enough, despite having some of the fastest works in Sim history, his track record suggest that maybe he ain't a G1 type after all, just another wannabe freak in a division loaded with freaks.

3: 0-1-1 Win-0.0% OTB-66.7%
1: 0-1-0 Win-0.0% OTB-100.0%
2: 0-1-0 Win-0.0% OTB-50.0%

The results of 3 freaks, 2 stakes and an allowance for the week. Think I did win $322k in total still, guess I should be happy with that. :lol:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago Sorry Carole.... But I think I have proof that Eroica is just plain no good. This nag has continued her run of fine freak form running yet another disastrous race despite being A) a freak, B) one of the fastest working fillies yearlings in her age group, C) being a closing type with a horse to chase down... oh wait.. she caught ONE of eight!!!

This Thing apparently can't win unless he runs a 94SF, 93 is just not enough effort. The front running claimer in the previous race was able to win with a 93sf from the one barrier, the only consolation on the result was only one horse did catch him. Interestingly enough, despite having some of the fastest works in Sim history, his track record suggest that maybe he ain't a G1 type after all, just another wannabe freak in a division loaded with freaks.

3: 0-1-1 Win-0.0% OTB-66.7%
1: 0-1-0 Win-0.0% OTB-100.0%
2: 0-1-0 Win-0.0% OTB-50.0%

The results of 3 freaks, 2 stakes and an allowance for the week. Think I did win $322k in total still, guess I should be happy with that. :lol:
Into the Darkness is definitely a strange case, she should be winning a lot more often than she does. As for Brilliance, he's definitely a G1 type! He will get there I'm sure of it, the 3yo colt crop is very strong this year.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Emmie Kay wrote: 5 years ago I honestly know close to nothing about TR or DR, but would an adjustment of gallop comment change be helpful so you knew if the horse was a true ‘Freak’? I haven’t had much experience in TR, or DR...but Stakes DR seem to have trouble even winning allowance races at times...that seems a bit off? Curious to hear what seasoned players think since this is totally out of my knowledge realm. :?:
The only thing is it would have to be for just those divisions, in TS and AWS you have Allowance horses winning Stakes races on the regular and your Stakes horses truly are Stakes horses most of the time.
yeah
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

A sad, sad tune on the violin may be in order? :cry:
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Emmie Kay wrote: 5 years ago But Freaks who can’t win G1s in routers doesn’t seem right. I’m so rambling now...so I’ll stop here.
To be fair, the two I am griping about probably haven't been in a race that had less than 3 or 4 freaks per race and obviously in those instances a freak is going to lose. :shock:
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Emmie Kay wrote: 5 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago
Emmie Kay wrote: 5 years ago I honestly know close to nothing about TR or DR, but would an adjustment of gallop comment change be helpful so you knew if the horse was a true ‘Freak’? I haven’t had much experience in TR, or DR...but Stakes DR seem to have trouble even winning allowance races at times...that seems a bit off? Curious to hear what seasoned players think since this is totally out of my knowledge realm. :?:
The only thing is it would have to be for just those divisions, in TS and AWS you have Allowance horses winning Stakes races on the regular and your Stakes horses truly are Stakes horses most of the time.
Right, I think it seems to be specific to routers then? Although I feel like having an Allowance that can win Stakes is a bit different. We can’t see the numbers so maybe they’re like a smidge away from the Stakes gallop comment cutoff. It’s awesome that “allowance horse with stakes potential” actually is true in those instances! Haha.

But Freaks who can’t win G1s in routers doesn’t seem right. I’m so rambling now...so I’ll stop here.
So one thought....stewards breds. Everyone loves them, but think of what happens when the steward hammers out these freaks by the handful every season.
You have freaks facing freaks facing freaks.

This is mostly seen in the route division as that is the most popular division of both the steward and the mass simsters. Also the division with the most freaks on the track.

If you are facing freaks in many of your races how does your stakes horse get a win?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 5 years ago A sad, sad tune on the violin may be in order? :cry:
I see where you're going with this :lol: Our quartet is doing a recital on Tuesday and we plan to record the whole thing, I'll see if I can get that video up when it's done. We did record a sound file of our run-through today but we still need to polish a few bits and pieces here and there, plus the whole recital is roughly 40 minutes which is a lot to listen to twice with probably minor differences in how it sounds, so I'll wait to get the final recital video before posting it.

And now back on topic, I think in the case of my horses, I'm ok with Moon Faced. He was bound to bounce after 3 big efforts in a row, understandable. But Eroica? I don't know what the heck happened, she was coming in off a nice easy prep, she is somewhat unsound so it's not like 3 weeks between races is too long for her plus she was vetting great and I'm about 90% sure she wasn't facing a field full of other freaks. Oh well, guess we'll see what she's made of in the London Oaks next out. She is definitely freak level though (she ran a 97 and a 94, surely that's gotta mean something).
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Looking forward to it, Carole.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think that Moon Faced needs a 3 week race. He has been going 2 weeks for a long time. And I think the jump in distance might have been the issue with the filly. Just my thoughts.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Most horses throw a clunker upon occasion. But even a very strong horse can get tired.

In looking at Moon Faced... he's run every other week for 5 races (from Year 51 Wk 14 to Year 52 Wk 6) and now is entered for week 8. He's missed winning his last two races after having a nice winning streak. He might be trying to tell you he's tired.

But other reasons too... at age 5 he might have just gone past his peak and is slowing up a bit.

Stormy

Edit: I didn't see page two. :P Looks like Louise already mentioned the horse being tired.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000