Things that make you go 'AGHH!'

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Things that make you go 'AGHH!'

Post by Rochelle Bos »

But you also have to remember there was extra rest over break/preseason! So 51.16 to 52.2 would have had more than the normal 2 weeks rest
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea I mapped out a plan to get him to the King George week 11 and then Arc week 14 so I need to race him week 8. I think giving him a 5 week break and a work in between it won’t work so well for him. Plus, like Rochelle said, he technically has had extra rest. And in theory he could race week 9 and then week 11 but there’s no good races available on the schedule.

As for Eroica with the distance thing, I can’t see how with her pedigree that race was too far for her. I’d be shocked if she ended up being a short router. She just ran stinker for some strange reason. But maybe the next race will prove me wrong.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Well Moon Faced bounced back to shape, running one of the best races of his life so maybe little sis Eroica can take a cue from him?? Pretty please SIM gods?? :mrgreen:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats on the win Carole.

The London Cup, Grade 1

Moon Faced had a nice steady charge from the back of the pack, passing my guy, Convince Me, who lead for most of the race. Moon Faced's SF was 98..so yeah, very very nice!

Convince Me ended up with a 91 SF, but his 2nd place purse earnings put him over $2 million in earnings : ) Not bad for a jumped up allowance-to-stakes runner. :D

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Stormy Peak wrote: 5 years ago Congrats on the win Carole.

The London Cup, Grade 1

Moon Faced had a nice steady charge from the back of the pack, passing my guy, Convince Me, who lead for most of the race. Moon Faced's SF was 98..so yeah, very very nice!

Convince Me ended up with a 91 SF, but his 2nd place purse earnings put him over $2 million in earnings : ) Not bad for a jumped up allowance-to-stakes runner. :D

Stormy
I saw that he went up to $2 million now! Congrats, very happy for you Stormy, Convince Me is such a genuine hard knocking horse!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Another thing that makes you go aghh. Run two of your best horses in the rich Chicago races last night. Both horses get nailed on the line. -__-

Also, listened back to the broadcast. Yes King of Ashes won the Pegasus Turf a year ago but that race is now only worth as much as the Desert Turf (I mean I’m not gonna snuff at $1 million though) so his $4.6 million in earnings isn’t mostly because of that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk!

Also, get your mares ready for when King of Ashes retires week 15!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

My little thing that made me go "AGHH" this week:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1066373
Ten weeks of diligent workouts and I finally gave up and asked about equipment. The answer: b only. His seventh fastest time. :lol:
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Sometimes, but not always, I will go back and re-run a horse with the first piece of equipment again. It seems too often that regardless of how fit and rested they were, they're not always as sharp with the first timed workout, so I'll make them do it again. Sometimes they run it quicker and make it more obvious, sometimes they still don't quite give that piece away.