Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini

Post by Carole Hanson »

This race already looks amazing and entries have only just opened! I guess we've started to figure out that this race is pretty prestigious
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Prestigious isn't the word I would use, I'd say the interest is purely the purse. Why else go out bush for one race? :lol:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago Prestigious isn't the word I would use, I'd say the interest is purely the purse. Why else go out bush for one race? :lol:
That's kind of what I meant by prestigious ;)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I wanted to send Halos and Horns but he loves dry. Still deciding...
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I really don't understand why there's a $2M turf route race in South America when the real race is only worth $500,000 and the division in general already has tons of million dollar+ options.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago I really don't understand why there's a $2M turf route race in South America when the real race is only worth $500,000 and the division in general already has tons of million dollar+ options.
I mean, this is worth more than the Japan Cup and Melbourne Cup in game to name a few more prestigious races dwarfed by this. What's the point?
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago I really don't understand why there's a $2M turf route race in South America when the real race is only worth $500,000 and the division in general already has tons of million dollar+ options.
I mean, this is worth more than the Japan Cup and Melbourne Cup in game to name a few more prestigious races dwarfed by this. What's the point?
The Breeders’ Cup, in conjunction with Hipodromo San Isidro, today announced that next month’s Gran Premio International Carlos Pellegrini (G1), South America’s most prestigious race, will be the first qualifying “Win and You’re In” event of the 2019 Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series.
I suspect news of this possibility leaked prior to the actual press announcement meaning those in the "know" within the industry heard about it and adjusted some things accordingly. ;)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago
The Breeders’ Cup, in conjunction with Hipodromo San Isidro, today announced that next month’s Gran Premio International Carlos Pellegrini (G1), South America’s most prestigious race, will be the first qualifying “Win and You’re In” event of the 2019 Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series.
I suspect news of this possibility leaked prior to the actual press announcement meaning those in the "know" within the industry heard about it and adjusted some things accordingly. ;)
I doubt it being a Win and You're In had any impact on this. I can think of dozens of other Win and You're In races that don't have $2M purses :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I sent Convince Me to that race last year on a yielding track (he loves mud) This year once again, it's on a yielding track. But, I'm hesitating on whether to send him..There's a GI race in Europe that is on a soft track, and he will probably go that route.

Still. ??? if he could at least get a 3rd place again... it would still pay $50,000 more than if he won that G1 and there's no guarantee he could even finish in the top three of that race. But, since he does love mud, I keep leaning towards that wetter track...and maybe with a bit less competition he might have a better chance of winning, as some of the freaks are drawn to that $2 million dollar purse.

Heartborken, my other stakes type horse...needs a dry track but I am having problems finding him a GI on a dry track for week 8. Hoping something will show up for week 9.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

I am very new to the bigger turf route races, so maybe I'm overlooking some other week 9 option that is worth entering in lieu of this race....
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Glenn Larson wrote: 5 years ago I am very new to the bigger turf route races, so maybe I'm overlooking some other week 9 option that is worth entering in lieu of this race....
Well there is the Grade 1 Tribeca Stakes in Canada and the Grade 1 Caulfield Trophy in Australia. The good thing about those two is that they come around Week 9 Day 5 rather than Week 9 Day 1 so horses get a bit more rest but the purses are far lower. There's also the option of waiting for Week 10 though I guess.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm waiting to see what the weather conditions will be for the Caulfield and the Tribeca for my horse Heartborken. He likes dry tracks. I think there's also a Grade 1 in California for week 9. ?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I had considered sending P1 but I believe the distance will not be in his favor. He seems to be most like Speak With Fists as far as distance and he could never win the Gran Premio so I'm going to be cautious and sit. Hopefully win my next prep race and then go back against the big boys in Chicago. :)
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago
Glenn Larson wrote: 5 years ago I am very new to the bigger turf route races, so maybe I'm overlooking some other week 9 option that is worth entering in lieu of this race....
Well there is the Grade 1 Tribeca Stakes in Canada and the Grade 1 Caulfield Trophy in Australia. The good thing about those two is that they come around Week 9 Day 5 rather than Week 9 Day 1 so horses get a bit more rest but the purses are far lower. There's also the option of waiting for Week 10 though I guess.
Tribeca is in New York...as much as they’d like to be part of Canada, they are not ;)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 5 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago
Tribeca is in New York...as much as they’d like to be part of Canada, they are not ;)
Oh, so it is! :lol: