Shocking Upsets!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Re: Shocking Upsets!

Post by Anne Conradt »

Those are some great ones, too!

I am seriously glad you mentioned Eastern Westside, in particular.

Totally slipped my mind, Laura, and I even know the back story on that one, after I did this huge article/interview-type story with his owner a loooooong time ago. I think it was right after he became the oldest animal to ever win the DWC?

You know, he's actually still running ... and winning. (I check on him every once in a while, and then I send his owner a message.)

He's the Cirrus des Aigles of the SIM, and then some.

Thanks! :)
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

How I forgot Eastern Westside is beyond me, and like, half of Jon Xett's major wins ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

/
I knooooooow. I can't believe I didn't think of that one either!

I always put datelines on articles, and then I (usually) erase them. I forget sometimes it's not real world stuff.

I was already starting to picture one for this article. But ... no go.

Then I started thinking. If the SIM had a HOF city ... wellllllllll ... but it doesn't.

Football has Canton, Ohio. Baseball has Cooperstown, New York.

Maybe the SIM Hall OF Fame could have a city too.

And, maybe the HOF city could be put in the rotation for Steward Cups cities. Add a little something to the game.

You could have a contest thread. Write in 40 words or less why such and such should host the SIM HOF.

Or maybe pick some places and make a poll and let people vote?

Or make it SIMVILLE ... and pick a state where there is no track. Like pro football does with Canton, the only races ever run there would be the SC when its turn comes up?

Hey, if Lone Star Park can host a Breeders' Cup ... why not? I still can't imagine where they put all those people at that track. Not much seating at Lone Star.

I was at a garage sale recently, and I bought a crystal Lone Star Park Breeders' Cup paperweight for 75 cents. lol. I couldn't believe it. 75 cents?????? I couldn't grab that fast enough.

Anyway, just something to think about.

Back to the SHOCKING UPSETS? Anyone? Anyone else?

I'll chop it off here at midnight Wednesday.

And, in the meantime, Miss Emily, you've got me on a hunting expedition in Mr. Jx's Trophy Case. :)
/
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=41018

Atlantis was Unbeatable until he wasn't. For a horse was good as Legend we were all STUNNED that he won.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Oooh. I was waiting for someone to throw that one up there.

Without giving it away ... that's the "other side" of the upset coin.

I know exactly how I'm going to showcase that one.

Good one, RRH.

Approximately 14 hours left, until midnight Pacific Daylight Time.

Anyone?
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

/
It's going to be in Two Parts.

It was getting to be too long.

That's a lot of horses, and a lot of upsets.

On Sarava, it should read:

Sarava, an American horse who had never won a race across the pond in the U.K. and only one race on this side of the pond ran down both Medaglia D'Oro and War Emblem to come home a winner at 70-1.

(Sorry. I just assumed he was an English horse. He was actually foaled here, THEN sent across to the U.K. for his two year old season ... and then came back to pull his big upset.)
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Five Circles would like to clarify that he is and always was a stud.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Olive Branch was unbeatable and I was running for second in this race. She had trouble, my filly got her lead, and the rest was history. I was floored.

ETA: I see this was for an article being written. Sorry I missed it!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!