SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

[/quote]

Geeez...need to fire that farrier!!!! Sorry, I have this thing of always looking at the feet first. I know, a bit wierd. :oops:
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

A long time ago, in a SIM far far away, there was the idea of retired racehorses that weren't breeding (aka geldings) having their own competitions in eventing, jumping, dressage, etc. I think that would be a wonderful idea personally. Give the pensioned options more depth. Might draw in more people too instead of only horse racing lovers. THIS CAN BE SIM 8.0! :P
I was really looking forward to this when it was going to be a real thing around Year 27 or Year 28. A completely separate game, but one could import their retired horses from the current game. Then suddenly it was a "never mind". A few years later I asked The Steward about it in an interview, and she said they'd scrapped the horse show game because they'd seen other horse racing games do something similar, and they would spend so much time getting the new game up and running that the players from the old game felt abandoned, so to speak, and left. That's what I recall her saying.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Is it bad that I read all this stuff and am like "I hope this means that I wont have to take as big of a break from the SIM as I thought AND get cool new stuff?"
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

SIM 8.0 - SimHorseRacing goes SPACE !!

My Wife had a clear vision tonight. SimHorseRacing takes a giant leap and goes SPACE.
In short you mave to make the travel to space, but there are some obstacles along the way.
First you have to whack a seal (Em might change this into something more appropriate?) whilst avoiding getting hit by a flying dinosaurbird that wasnt so aggro after all..

-What about the horses? -I asked.
-Well Em is still in control of it all in some way... -Flizan said.

The changes in steeplechasing will be nothing compared to this my friends..
Get your spaceships in order and get ready for takeoff!

and, remember where you heard it first...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 5 years ago SIM 8.0 - SimHorseRacing goes SPACE !!
My Wife had a clear vision tonight. SimHorseRacing takes a giant leap and goes SPACE.
In short you mave to make the travel to space, but there are some obstacles along the way.
First you have to whack a seal (Em might change this into something more appropriate?) whilst avoiding getting hit by a flying dinosaurbird that wasnt so aggro after all..
-What about the horses? -I asked.
-Well Em is still in control of it all in some way... -Flizan said.
The changes in steeplechasing will be nothing compared to this my friends..
Get your spaceships in order and get ready for takeoff!
and, remember where you heard it first...
Flizan, I fear you may have to cut down on your caffeine intake late at night. :roll:
Now.. you don't happen to know any skilled spaceship pilots?
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I used to own a spaceship hangar (in entropia universe). You can fly with me Ash..
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I played a bunch of the Mass Effect games, and also Faster Than Light, so I feel I’m ready for this. Let’s do it!😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago I played a bunch of the Mass Effect games..
Me too! Didn't do much piloting, but I could be co-driving and keep track of all our new extra-terrestial pets.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago I played a bunch of the Mass Effect games..
Me too! Didn't do much piloting, but I could be co-driving and keep track of all our new extra-terrestial pets.
OMG! Little tiny alien pets 😍
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The moose is probably more dependable! ;)
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 5 years ago
Brian Leavitt wrote: 5 years ago Wish list of new features in SIM 8.0:

- Pegasus Races, not in the context of the multi-million dollar races, but as in the fantasy creatures.
- More companion animals! Dogs, pigs, mini horses, crocodiles, humans?
- Introducing CAT SHOWS for the companion cats!
- A cool SIM theme song that plays whenever you log in, perhaps of the late 80s heavy metal variety so you know how much of a badass you are for playing with fake horses.
- You can use numbers and more punctuation in horse names, and horse name limits are now 40 characters! Have fun!
- The Steward launches a campaign for President of the United States
- Final Furlong compatibility: Use your own Final Furlong arcade game cabinet to take control of one of your horses for each set of results!
- And so much more!
Love that! Especially the heavy metal-thing! :) And the horse-namnes.... Meatloaf-songs, here I come! *objectsintherearviewmirrormayappearcloserthantheyare*.
:lol: I was thinking Fall Out Boy song titles for names.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

C.S. Werth wrote: 5 years ago Image

I didn't know that they had turned Dynaformer into a cart horse! :?

---------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I know this was mentioned in the “one small thing” thread but would it be possible to change the "Release this name for reuse” conditions to:
  • The horse has a breeder [if BREEDER does not equal NULL?]
    AND
  • The horse has earned less than $150,000
    AND
  • The horse is owned by Alexandra Jaysman (releasing the name will decease the horse)
    OR
  • The horse is deceased and was owned by anyone
    OR
  • The horse is alive, but pensioned and owned by you.

This would eliminate the need for the Rochelle Rule and keep the created RL horses safe ❤️😜

Also this is my 5am baby feeding brainchild so sorry if it doesn’t make sense 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle, I would rather see the rules remain in place and protect the names of horses who have won that much money...especially for the mixers where a stakes win, might only get the winner $25,000 and it's very hard for even stake quality horses to bump over the mark that keeps their names protected.

Also, just because a horse dies in AJ, it doesn't mean at some point it wasn't a great horse and it should have it's name protected.

I have, and have had in my stable a good number of pensioned million dollar earners that were rescued from AJ. Various people here had rescued them from there, or they owned the horse and gave them to me as they knew I had a big pensioners band and would enjoy the headshots on these old former famous runners. I've also found a few in AJ on my own and took them in, just because I loved the headshots. : )

These were horses that did great things on the track and their names should be protected in my opinion. Those listed below were owned by me upon their deaths, but I don't think that should make it right for just me to be able to reuse their names. I didn't breed nor race any of them...just owned them upon their deaths.

Just to name a few... older simsters will remember a few of these, I'm sure. : )

Hemi Cuda
Desert Force
Startled Awake

[url=https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=52521]Profile in Courage

And two I can't link for some reason: Astonishing and Caterwaul.

There are plenty of names out there that we don't need to be reusing names of stake winning horses. I also don't want to have to go through my own list of high end horses that I bred, who are now dead and have to figure out a way to keep their names off of other people's horses.

For me, the idea of the name Foremost on any horse other than my little allowance winner bothered me so much that the Steward renamed her to Foremost II while she was still alive (but very old)...just so I could reserve the name and make sure no one could grab it if she passed away and I didn't get onto the game site in time to save that name.
Foremost did not win enough money, nor win any stakes, so her name would not have been protected. But it would still cost a fortune to have to go in and try to protect names of other big runners who's names I could lose control of if anyone could just reuse the name of a dead horse.

Stormy

EDIT: I CANNOT make the links for Astonishing and Caterwault show up properly. Caterwault shows up as Astonishing...even though I have the correct horse ID number in place. ??? And my last link is showing up the way you see it...as a link rather than a name bracketed by the link codes. I've double checked everything... so ???
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I was trying to think about the shipping costs involved in a five trillion mile journey to another planet to race, but if you used a space portal, they'd arrive instantly and could keep the shipping costs down. Maybe they could be shipped to a Space Station (Race Station) in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth and race there? :lol:
Last edited by Steve Leavitt 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.