SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I don't know how this thread devolved into Polk vs. Flizan but I'm here for it.
Sorry, Em!

Back to the real subject. I would love to have an option in date-order when I enter the horses in races. Date and distance to the track at the same time. :)
Yes!! Dates and Distances! <3
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

One more (for now)....

Can we be able to select multiple types/distances for horses? With horses becoming more flexible in preference it would be nice to be able to list all the types a stallion is good at. Also it would be useful for racing horses too so we don't have to change types to find different races.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Maybe add the optional ability to reserve the spot for your your mare’s book stud?

If you confirm to reserve your mare’s spot:
- You pay 50% of the current fee at the time you reserve, and when you breed the mare you pay the difference (more or less depending if the fee has been reduced or increased, to a minimum of $0)
- you have until week 16 day 5 at midnight to use your booked spot or it is released to the public again. If you fail to use your booked slot the stallion owner still keeps the portion of the booking/reserve fee you already paid.
- there should also be a limit how many spots each owner can pay to reserve, maybe 5?

Just an idea :) numbers are suggestions for sure
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

The ability to lease horses to someone in one mass instead of having to do each one seperate.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 4 years ago The ability to lease horses to someone in one mass instead of having to do each one seperate.
Excellent idea :D
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

I'd like to see an end to proxy bidding.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago One more (for now)....

Can we be able to select multiple types/distances for horses? With horses becoming more flexible in preference it would be nice to be able to list all the types a stallion is good at. Also it would be useful for racing horses too so we don't have to change types to find different races.
Yeah!!! Would love to see a secondary/tertiary horse type
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 4 years ago The ability to lease horses to someone in one mass instead of having to do each one seperate.
Excellent idea :D
Thirded!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago One more (for now)....

Yeah!!! Would love to see a secondary/tertiary horse type
Yes, yes and yes! (Both my good stallions are multidistances/surface)
If it's possible, I would love to separate Steeplechase yearlings from the rest of the thorougbreds. It's really messing up the stallion's statistics with all different carreers and claimers. Like giving all the steeplechase-yearling a category of their own:
-Different career- chaser prospect
-Claimer- chaser prospect
-Solid- chaser prospect
and so on...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

And when we talk about chasers- I would love to have more categories in chase-ability. As it is now- a chase stakes can be a horse that take it's maiden but nothing more to a stakes-winning horse. I would love to translate the the comments into more steps like chase dif.career, chase claimer, chase solid, chase productive, chase allowance, chase stakes and chase freak. The same goes to broodmare-ability. Copy flatracer- comments as no potential, potential, good/unpredictable, formidable, star and blue hen instead of just potential/strong/brilliant. That would make it easier to concentrate on the good horses!

So much work for poor Em! ;)
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I hate 3 week breaks. What if there was a week break say after week 8. Maybe the time could be used to breed mares especially for people who procrastinate when it comes to breeding. Two week break at the end of the year.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago I'd like to see an end to proxy bidding.
This would be awful for those who aren't in the time zone and are asleep when an auction ends.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago I'd like to see an end to proxy bidding.
This would be awful for those who aren't in the time zone and are asleep when an auction ends.
Totally agree with Dave.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

I have thought a little bit more about the stud-book and have some additional thoughts to my last post.

What if you could set multi distance/surface-studs in several distances? And When you look at stud X in Turf sprint division- you see only his Turf sprint offsprings? That would make it easier to compare studs.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago I have thought a little bit more about the stud-book and have some additional thoughts to my last post.

What if you could set multi distance/surface-studs in several distances? And When you look at stud X in Turf sprint division- you see only his Turf sprint offsprings? That would make it easier to compare studs.
It’s an interesting idea, but people can also use it to skew the results. Get a productive or below? Just remove the offspring’s horse-type. Some people (I would assume most SIMperior players use it, but not everyone has SIMperior) don’t even set horse types.

Every since the top workouts got the horse-type filter I’ve noticed at lease one player who set the wrong horse type on purpose, I assume to keep them off the rankings for their actual Horse-Type, to be super ninjas?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt