SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago I have thought a little bit more about the stud-book and have some additional thoughts to my last post.

What if you could set multi distance/surface-studs in several distances? And When you look at stud X in Turf sprint division- you see only his Turf sprint offsprings? That would make it easier to compare studs.
It’s an interesting idea, but people can also use it to skew the results. Get a productive or below? Just remove the offspring’s horse-type. Some people (I would assume most SIMperior players use it, but not everyone has SIMperior) don’t even set horse types.

Every since the top workouts got the horse-type filter I’ve noticed at lease one player who set the wrong horse type on purpose, I assume to keep them off the rankings for their actual Horse-Type, to be super ninjas?
YOu have a point.... And I thought I was on to something here... :lol:
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago
Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago I have thought a little bit more about the stud-book and have some additional thoughts to my last post.

What if you could set multi distance/surface-studs in several distances? And When you look at stud X in Turf sprint division- you see only his Turf sprint offsprings? That would make it easier to compare studs.
It’s an interesting idea, but people can also use it to skew the results. Get a productive or below? Just remove the offspring’s horse-type. Some people (I would assume most SIMperior players use it, but not everyone has SIMperior) don’t even set horse types.

Every since the top workouts got the horse-type filter I’ve noticed at lease one player who set the wrong horse type on purpose, I assume to keep them off the rankings for their actual Horse-Type, to be super ninjas?
Yeah, I’ve thought about asking for chasing stats to be separated but people will (and likely do already) jump undesirable foals to keep them out of the stats people look at
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yeah, I’ve thought about asking for chasing stats to be separated but people will (and likely do already) jump undesirable foals to keep them out of the stats people look at
Chasing stats are already separated.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago

Chasing stats are already separated.
But their percents are included with the gallops. For example when I see a DR with foals that have jumped I assume and add in the percent to the claimer/DC amount

What I meant by separate is how the crossbred ones are. But that would be so hard to achieve behind the scenes, maybe even impossible
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Not if you train (gallop) the chaser-yearlings... And that is a problem if you have a stallion who is both flatracer and steeplechaser. I just have to get used to not gallop my chaser-yearlings (I usually do to get equipment)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago Not if you train (gallop) the chaser-yearlings... And that is a problem if you have a stallion who is both flatracer and steeplechaser. I just have to get used to not gallop my chaser-yearlings (I usually do to get equipment)
I gallop my chaser yearlings for equipment too Flizan, why not take advantage of the extra year to find it!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ah I thought you meant when you jump trained them. They probably can't separate them because there are the rare horses that are talented at racing and chasing.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Working on my "before Y53 checklist" annnnnnd it would be AWESOME if we could mass "Become a Steeplechaser" our 2yos instead of having to do 55 one by one :lol:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I just had a thought! I really wasn’t a fan of the idea that we could figure out what our mare’s flat/chase rating could be before retiring BUT as a half way if we could hypo 4yo+ mares that could be handy! I’m sure a bloodstock agent in real life could give you that advice!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Since so many stallions in DR are B+, it is really tricky to find out who is the better B+...
But that is why this is such a great game!
Most games have a "walk-through" on how to do the ultimate play.
There are youtube videos on what players to buy and when to substitute them in FIFA 14.
In this game it is really tricky to pick the best stallion for a particular horse. I like that..
Except right after festivus.. Then my point of view will be different.

Gallop% are one way to evaluate.. But not just the sheer%. If a Kwokstallion has 15% allowance it would probably have been 25% allowance with better mares. If one of the top players has a stallion with 33% stakes it might just be because the stallion saw super mares. Sometimes the difference might not be as big as it looks.

Oh, I suddenly remembered that I should end this post with some sort of suggestion for 8.0. Almost forgot...

I would also like just the opportunity to stand a stallion in several categories. I refuse to stand them as "Any Dirt" or "unspecified" beacuse I always forget to check these stallions myself and I am afraid that other players will forget about them too.
I.e. with Rocketry, I change him from dirt router stud list to chaser stud list from time to time. (Only did one change so far)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago I would also like just the opportunity to stand a stallion in several categories. I refuse to stand them as "Any Dirt" or "unspecified" beacuse I always forget to check these stallions myself and I am afraid that other players will forget about them too.
I.e. with Rocketry, I change him from dirt router stud list to chaser stud list from time to time. (Only did one change so far)
Yes, please!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I just had a thought! I really wasn’t a fan of the idea that we could figure out what our mare’s flat/chase rating could be before retiring BUT as a half way if we could hypo 4yo+ mares that could be handy! I’m sure a bloodstock agent in real life could give you that advice!
Not exactly half way as most mares wouldn't retire before they are 4yo, specially chasers.

I don't like this idea at all. Part of the game is deciding when to retire a mare. This would take away any gamble in the decision.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago I don't like this idea at all. Part of the game is deciding when to retire a mare. This would take away any gamble in the decision.
Agreed.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago I don't like this idea at all. Part of the game is deciding when to retire a mare. This would take away any gamble in the decision.
Agreed.
That is how I feel as well, people were posting about it earlier. I just thought this would be a better option if it was introduced into the game, vs flat out saying she’ll be a BH at 2 and therefore never gets to run.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I think Bloodstocking young racing horses could give comment like
"She is a Blue Hen! What a mare! -but she will still give you solid offspring if you breed her with the most expensive stallions. She will just cost you a lot more stud fees, and you will always wonder how much she would have made on the racetrack. Are you sure that you won't regret retiring her now?"
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...