Queen's Derby - Should be AW

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Queen's Derby - Should be AW

Post by Danny Derby »

Every year when this race comes around I can't help but wonder why it's run on the dirt instead of AW. The real life race is on an AW surface, and as far as scheduling goes in the SIM having a $1M dirt race for 3YOs on W10 Monday cannibalizes the Long Island Classic. It just makes sense for this to be a highlight of the synthetic schedule.

DR 3-year-olds have plenty of prestigious G1 races to run in already, don't deprive the AW crew of a marquee race they deserve.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Queen's Derby - Should be AW

Post by The Steward »

#troll
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago#troll
Nope, totally legit feedback!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

We actually have the Synthetic Derby/Oaks set up in W11-D1, which is a pair of G1s with raised purses ($600k and $500k respectively). I don't think it would be a benefit to add another G1 for 3yos in W10, but I'm all for upping the Derby purse to $1 million!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Madelene Gilbert wrote: 5 years ago We actually have the Synthetic Derby/Oaks set up in W11-D1, which is a pair of G1s with raised purses ($600k and $500k respectively). I don't think it would be a benefit to add another G1 for 3yos in W10, but I'm all for upping the Derby purse to $1 million!
If it switches to AW no reason the race couldn't move back a week to W9 Monday. Adds something very compelling to the AW division.
Todd Lucas
Turf Router

Post by Todd Lucas »

I think this is a great idea. Adding a 3rd gr 1 for 3 yo gives the aw division a triple crown of sorts providing the race is scheduled at the right time to coincide with the aw derby and synthetic derby. It gives the aw division a goal to get a triple crown winner, which is fun.
CRIPPLE CREEK RANCH
Home of the All Time dirt router money earner UNMERCIFUL
The best son of the mighty James Dean, RANSACK
Johan-$25k
Gallantry-$20k
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I think we should turn the 3yo derby for Dirt Routers into a 6f turf race. That way turf sprinters have a nice 3yo restricted race to shoot for week 6.
:roll:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago I think we should turn the 3yo derby for Dirt Routers into a 6f turf race. That way turf sprinters have a nice 3yo restricted race to shoot for week 6.
The real life Kentucky Derby isnt a 6f turf sprint. The real life Queen's Plate is an AW race.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

146 years on dirt > 12 years on synthetic?

By the same token, should we go back and re-run all the results at Arcadia Park from years 20-28 or so, using those horses' synthetic numbers? Sounds totally necessary for realism to me.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago I think we should turn the 3yo derby for Dirt Routers into a 6f turf race. That way turf sprinters have a nice 3yo restricted race to shoot for week 6.
The real life Kentucky Derby isnt a 6f turf sprint. The real life Queen's Plate is an AW race.
It was a joke
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago 146 years on dirt > 12 years on synthetic?

By the same token, should we go back and re-run all the results at Arcadia Park from years 20-28 or so, using those horses' synthetic numbers? Sounds totally necessary for realism to me.
Re-run races from over 20 SIM years ago? Nope.

Update current real tracks that are currently AW so that their SIM equivalents match up? Why not?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Maybe the Queen's Plate can be Dirt, the Prince of Peace could be AW and the uh... third race could be Turf (since its already turf). Find the ultimate multi surface horse :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago Maybe the Queen's Plate can be Dirt, the Prince of Peace could be AW and the uh... third race could be Turf (since its already turf). Find the ultimate multi surface horse :)
It's the stakes version of my old Different Career Challenge!!! I love it!!!