The Beverly D - Reminiscing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

The Beverly D - Reminiscing

Post by Stormy Peak »

This is one of my favorite races in the Sim, as I've had a number of mares run in it with some wins and out of curiosity I looked up my mares histories in this race.

Year 25 Fortuitous, who was out of my foundation mare Foremost. She finished 3rd
Year 26 She tried it again, and again finished 3rd.

Year 31 Forgave Another daughter of Foremost. In her first effort in this race, she finished 2nd.
Year 32 Forgave was entered again and this time she finished 1st

Year 40 Forethought This was a daughter of Forgave. She finished 1st

Year 45 Fortunate Yet another daughter of Forgave. She finished 3rd.

Year 46 Fortitude She was a daughter of my year 40 winner Forethought. She didn't get into the top 3, but she made me some money by finishing 5th

So, I've had a total of 7 attempts at this race. My record: 7: 2 - 1 - 3 and a 5th place. All out of the same line of mares that sprang from a mare I owned called Foremost who only ever won 2 races in her career...a maiden and a NW2.

I'm pretty proud of my record for this race, as the opponents where horses often owned by top notch stables such as Laura Ferguson, Lisa Strummer, Alex Puderbaugh, Norman Architecture, and Emily Klein, just to name a few.

I keep hoping for another nice mare out of my Foremost line...but so far, it's not been good, and another year has come along without me getting a chance to enter into this race again. However, Forethought had a nice filly named Foreshock who is owned by the Steward and she's producing some nice offspring, so I hope it will be a long time before that line dies off.

This line has had a long run with a lot of nice fillies in it and even a few nice males, such as Forgot (another Forgave foal)
and
Heartborken, who is a son of Forgot and Foreshock...and no, he doesn't have 2 heads. ;)

Heartborken, btw will be running tonight in the Chicago Million.... this will be his last season of racing. I've had so much fun running him I wish it could continue for years to come, but time in the breeding shed is limited for the studs and I do hope he'll do well as a stallion. His sire Forgot tried this race once, and finished 5th and Heartborken tried it in Year 43 and finished 4th.

I look forward to hearing both race calls tonight, and of course, really wishing I had a mare good enough for the Beverly D.

I wish all the entrees the best...but on a side note, I do like the mare Lilitbet, as her sire, Two Tone was one of my favorites, he's also the sire of Foreshock : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Re: The Beverly D - Reminiscing

Post by Norman Architecture »

Just seen this post Stormy , Not been here much the last few years.

This was also a race I liked to target when I had a horse good enough , Managed to win it 5 times with 3 really nice mares.

In The Doldrums won Years 30 and 31 , Beating Forgave a neck in year 31.

Madeline Smith won narrowly year 41

Investing in Stars won twice also in years 43 and 44.

Hopefully I will have another one good enough to win.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Norman! Been a while since we’ve heard from you! Hope you’re back in full force in no time!
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Cheers Carole

Let my Stable go to rack and ruin just doing the basics to keep it going since year 49 really , But now I'm playing again. Lost all my decent horses and money but can't wait for next season to go to war with my stable of Claimers!!
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Hope you have got time to keep a eye on Albion Norman.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Frank Chilton wrote: 3 years ago Hope you have got time to keep a eye on Albion Norman.
Saw her Thursday Frank , She is alongside.
Regal Farms

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hey Norman : )

I'm so glad you have found a little more time to get back into the Sim, you were always one of the players I respected the most.
I definitely remember In the Doldrums! :D

If you are rebuilding your stable, I would enjoy helping you out. I bred most of my best mares already, but I retired a 'Foremost line' mare last night and she got a star rating.

If you are interested, I'll send her your way on free lease, maybe you can get a decent filly, or colt, out of her?
Her dam produced Convince Me, who won over two million dollars. She didn't do well on the track but has a pretty good pedigree with Andre, Two Tone, and Time Limit as sires in that pedigree.

Time To Be Upfront

Just let me know here or in PM if you want her or not, I won't be offended if you refuse, as I understand some stables only focus on Blue Hen mares, or certain types of horses...such as dirt routers, or turf sprinters...etc, or just like to keep their foal numbers down and have already reached their goals on that. But I really am so glad you are back in the Sim and playing again, I have no doubt you will have a top notch stable very soon.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000