How Did Year 52 Treat You?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: How Did Year 52 Treat You?

Post by Glenn Larson »

Ronnie Dee wrote: 5 years ago I had FUN!!!
Ronnie Dee ftw
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You're asking me on a bad week lol But let's dig, and hopefully this will lift my spirits!

I started the year determined to race ALL of the foals I bred Y50...Mid year I had less than 10% WIN and 25ish% OTB. I was soooooooo sad, so so sad. Something had to change! I chopped a TON of horses from my racing string and by the end of the year I recovered back to my goal of 15%+ WIN and 40%+ OTB YAY!

Trainer Stats for Year 52: 1,206 : 181-148-167 Win-15.0% OTB-41.1%
Earnings: $4,258,820 | Breeder Awards: $ 123,795
Stakes Wins: 27 | Maiden Wins: 63 | 2 Year Old Wins: 59

My stats are better than last year (my first year out of TP) in most ways, which I am very proud of! I had 650 less starts, but my WIN% went up 2.4% and my OTB went up 2.3%! Unfortunately my earnings went down $2 million, which is a MAJOR buzz kill, especially when my side-businesses aren't super busy this year. Buuuuuut than I won the P6 mandatory payout! $40k to $2 mil :shock: Must. Not. Spend.

Just for fun I tracked my stakes entries for the whole year :D

My Stakes WINs peaked at 26% WIN weeks 4, 12, and 13. My Stakes OTB peaked week 1 with 75% lol and then hovered around 50% the remainder of the year. Ending with the WORST week of the year when my Stakes WINs dropped 2% and my OTB dropped 4% :oops: (13 : 1-0-1)

Trainer Stakes Stats for Y52: 120 : 26-19-15 WIN-21.7% OTB-50.0%

That being said I got to experience my first Grade 1 win (Other than the 4 chaser ones I got last year with PL) with I Know in the Venda Stakes. I also had fun getting stakes wins with some Allowance horses! Including: 2 with See You Liberty, 2 with Foragoodtimecall, 2 inc a G2 with Dump Truck, and 1 G3 with Blah Blah Blah.

Yep. I feel better. Crushed it. Next year will be even better :D 7 Stakes TBs hitting the track for the first time, even some homebreds! <3

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Year Stats Stakes Wins Maiden Wins 2yo Wins Earnings
52 354 : 86-53-46 Win-24.3% OTB-52.3%. 18 44 67 $1,780,255

My best year on all fronts, most wins,best win percentage,most stakes wins,most 2yo winners and most prize money
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Best year ever for my small barn. I had a SC win in The Woman (pacer filly), a second with trotter Wish On Diamonds, two 2nds in chasers with Magician's Birthday and Dead Woman's Pass, and a second with Heart Beats Faster in the SC Juvenile Fillies Turf. I also had several Grade 1 wins including with The Woman, Magician's Birthday, Heguardstheheavens, Devotedly and two with Filled With Stars (I think that's all of them).

Final year numbers:

Trainer Stats for Year 52: 224 : 58-45-37 Win-25.9% OTB-62.5%
Earnings: $4,334,060 | Breeder Awards: $ 206,910
Stakes Wins: 28 | Maiden Wins: 4 | 2 Year Old Wins: 12
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Bregman and Greatest Showman have made my year! They have also been the cause of my lows as well. lol I was so high on Bregman and thought for sure he was my Derby horse. Then he just wasn't running up to his breeding until yesterday! Showman has been so competitive its hard to be upset with him. But geez I really thought I had that SC Turf won when he put away DG. shakes fist at Glenn! ;)

I ended up running more than I really wanted to and that hurt my stats. But I won 11 TB G1 races so I'm not going to complain!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

I write my year in review once the Feature Race is open again. Until then, no spoilers. :P
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Brava RRH!!
Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

I have been preoccupied with other things (early retirement/moving home etc) and tended to rush my entries (also totally missing training a freak I somehow lost ) anyway I managed to train my first Stewards Cup winner ( SB Pacer 2yo F ) and had a 3rd,4th and 5th with my other SC runners,2954-469-485-462 w-15.9% otb-47.9% only 8 stakes winners though (most of mine are rubbish).
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years agoout of TP
Slightly embarrassed to say that I was scanning this thread, pre-coffee, and in my haste I definitely first interpreted that as "out of toilet paper."
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

52 1,257 : 337-275-217 Win-26.8% OTB-66.0% 64 115 186 $9,866,415
47 962 : 232-181-137 Win-24.1% OTB-57.2% 51 78 142 $6,192,790
42 1,013 : 188-161-144 Win-18.6% OTB-48.7% 32 69 104 $4,856,085
32 546 : 101-81-105 Win-18.5% OTB-52.6% 18 34 32 $2,408,690
22 527 : 91-103-66 Win-17.3% OTB-49.3% 15 45 34 $2,384,095

Pretty pleased with the overall progression and with this year in particular :)

Best win% ever, both as a trainer and as a breeder
Eight G1 wins, including two SCs, bettering my previous personal-best of 7 G1s
Hit 5000 wins (plus another 140!) and I'm 32 stakes wins away from 1000!
Kept and raced the vast majority of my homebred 2YOs for at least 1-2 starts, which I'm pretty proud of :D
Raced this beauty and a bunch of other cool horses
Bred a bunch of foals that I'm head over heels in love with (for now ;) ) AND managed to stick with my plan of breeding as many nicely-bred colts as possible, rather than fillies, for once
Strong and Free is doing flat-out amazing with his first crop to race and he makes me happy every single day

Things to do better next year:
Run my SC contest again (well, I'm 99% sure it won't happen next season, but the season after that... fo sho!)
Breed LESS OF EVERYTHING. Like half as many foals. That would be great
Keep pushing to breed multi-distance/surface capable things. Stats might tank in a couple years because I did a pile of experimenting this season...
Going to be on the road for most of the season, and I'll be leasing out most of my barn so I don't have to deal with it... but my goal is to still work and equip 200+ yearlings and not have to pay someone to do it for me... we'll see how that goes

Another year of awesome SIM goodness. Thankful for this game every day.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years agoout of TP
Slightly embarrassed to say that I was scanning this thread, pre-coffee, and in my haste I definitely first interpreted that as "out of toilet paper."
GASP! Now THAT would be awful! :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Year 52 saw some recordbreaking on this one's stable's overall performance.
Year 52 Trainer Stats:
Highest % stakeswins per start: 9.4%
Highest Average earnings per start : 10914
Highest OTB % : 71.9%
Year 52 Breeder Stats:
Highest win %: 27.6
Highest OTB %: 62.8
Highest amount of stakeswins: 26
Highest % stakeswins per start: 8%
Highest Average earnings per start: 8330

Highlights:
Sing Back Louder - Ran third in the SC Ladies Route. Retired having won more than half of her career starts and only once being worse than third - in the Oaks. I love her. Also her first daughter, by Heart of the Storm was born. This foal was sort of suggested by the Steward in last year's Daybreak. He already was among the small handful stallions I had in mind but not among the top two. Daybreak settled it for me.
Kings Stand Aside - Also had a marvellous year, finishing with a 3rd in the Appaloosa Classic.
Million Reasons - my 2nd Stewardbred bought through auction. Made her debut this year and is four for four. Finished her year with a win in the Empire Maker Stakes against colts. <3
See You Never - great year, never worse than second. Won 2 Grade 3, one against colts.
Whisper to a Purr - five for five this year. 3 stakes.
Shamanin - See you Never's sister on All Weather-tracks finished her year with a Grade 1 win.
Gone Polar - Picked up from AJ on 11.6, earned 119000 in Game Point Sired Stakes after that. Actually out of a horse I bred. Also inbred but he doesn't care.
Elmamuul - Picked up from AJ on 13.3, won a 100k restricted stakes two days later.
Perils of Words - 5 for 6. 3 stakes-wins.
Quinnelle - 2 stakes wins and a showing (grade 3) in three tries, 85k earned. This horse gives me pause. She's a solid. She shouldn't be able to repeatedly do what she does.
Just Good Okay - not a starry stakes horse but six for six nonetheless. Just Good Alright.
Remember This Girl - picked up from AJ on 12.3. Won a restricted stakes two days later.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Pretty good:

Trainer Stats for Year 52: 64 : 24-8-6 Win-37.5% OTB-59.4%
Earnings: $2,440,300 | Breeder Awards: $ 171,090
Stakes Wins: 16 | Maiden Wins: 1 | 2 Year Old Wins: 7

That's good for 5th in AEPS (38k), 9th in win %, and... 83rd in OTB %. My horses either won or finished nowhere lol

16 stakes wins on 64 starts was nice. More earnings than I've had in a few years. Small stable starting to get a little bigger. Plus, a cool thing was that I somehow went 3 for 3 at the Gelding World Cup with matching speed figures. (1 | 2 | 3)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

My stats went up but, earnings were ‘meh’. My highlight were my Arabians. The rest of my horses are garbage. I will be giving away a bunch since the GP increase. I have to really decrease my bloodstock but cannot afford to have a sale. :(