Stud fee limits, thoughts on idea?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Stud fee limits, thoughts on idea?

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago All I can think is... just think how much money would have left the game had Em just stood all of these game created stallions (mixers and TB) herself? **end random thought**
Just for reference, $36 million worth has left the game so far this year in over 1,100 foals coming from the GP studs costing 3.1m GPs. That's assuming you're getting the best exchange rate for your SIM dollar but still it's much more than I expected so wanted to share. Point being, I think you're right that it would be a lot.

Another thought is she could stop selling Steward-breds and just lease them out instead. The colts would end up standing in her shed and the fillies go to lease auctions of the mares she's not using. I know a lot of people go after fillies to get the bloodline into their barn so I'm thinking that could take a significant amount more out of the game than selling them outright AND give more people access to each of those lines since they could bid on a different mare each season vs owning it for 10 years. So the breakdown would be multiple auctions leasing out the racers, studs collecting fees for the SIM, awesome mares constantly being rotated in and out of mare auctions each season. Now that we have a lease for 2 years option, the racers could be auctioned off as yearlings so we'd have time to get them in shape for their 2yo season.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

J.r. Lewis wrote: 4 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago All I can think is... just think how much money would have left the game had Em just stood all of these game created stallions (mixers and TB) herself? **end random thought**
Just for reference, $36 million worth has left the game so far this year in over 1,100 foals coming from the GP studs costing 3.1m GPs. That's assuming you're getting the best exchange rate for your SIM dollar but still it's much more than I expected so wanted to share. Point being, I think you're right that it would be a lot.

Another thought is she could stop selling Steward-breds and just lease them out instead. The colts would end up standing in her shed and the fillies go to lease auctions of the mares she's not using. I know a lot of people go after fillies to get the bloodline into their barn so I'm thinking that could take a significant amount more out of the game than selling them outright AND give more people access to each of those lines since they could bid on a different mare each season vs owning it for 10 years. So the breakdown would be multiple auctions leasing out the racers, studs collecting fees for the SIM, awesome mares constantly being rotated in and out of mare auctions each season. Now that we have a lease for 2 years option, the racers could be auctioned off as yearlings so we'd have time to get them in shape for their 2yo season.
I'd lose interest in the game fast if I didn't actually own my best horses.
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

**ETA - I'm not saying breeding Mixers aren't frustrating, etc. I just don't want anyone who reads this to think Bay knows something about pedigrees and how they work that they don't.

:D :lol: :o :idea: :D :P
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago

I don't think the answer is removing limits as it doesn't do us any good to have every paint sired by 3 stallions but if something could be done so the playerbred sires were competitive with the game created ones so we had more stallions to utilize that would be great.

The obvious simple solution to that would be stop creating game studs that are better than the player ones.
This is the exact thing we complained about with Play Leapfrog and Jimmy Durante and the people lamenting it now, criticised us for speaking up.

I would of thought lessons would of been learnt in regards to placing game bred stallions into the game after those two, instead they are now causing more discontent in other divisions.

If diversity is needed I do hope that future stallions stay in the hands of the Steward, and not put up for auction to be used by only 1 or 2 who throw every crap mare that they can find at the stallion in a hope of breeding a freak.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago

I don't think the answer is removing limits as it doesn't do us any good to have every paint sired by 3 stallions but if something could be done so the playerbred sires were competitive with the game created ones so we had more stallions to utilize that would be great.

The obvious simple solution to that would be stop creating game studs that are better than the player ones.
This is the exact thing we complained about with Play Leapfrog and Jimmy Durante and the people lamenting it now, criticised us for speaking up.

I would of thought lessons would of been learnt in regards to placing game bred stallions into the game after those two, instead they are now causing more discontent in other divisions.

If diversity is needed I do hope that future stallions stay in the hands of the Steward, and not put up for auction to be used by only 1 or 2 who throw every crap mare that they can find at the stallion in a hope of breeding a freak.
Here I was hoping to stay out of the drama this break.

I’m sorry, but before you bring mine and Kent’s stallions back into the drama let’s remember that their first crop hasn’t jumped yet and there is no way to know how good they are.

Let’s also remember that they Hypo the same as I Love To Jump, who is playerbred, as well as Fullbright and Epaulette, two created/RL stallions owned by you and your husband...

Now that I think about it Fullbright was taken off the market for a chunk of last year, and not been available all year this year, Hamish’s stud to do with as he likes.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Game Created Stallions =/= Steward Breds. I have MANY MANY Steward Breds who NEVER earn their price back, never make enough to stand at stud and/or are terrible broodmares. Basically, I tossed a few million into the closest fireplace lol. If I campaign a horse to a successful career, I want the right to stand it at stud or have it in my broodmare band because I worked very hard picking races to get them at that career point.

Game Created Stallions are put into this game for one reason and that is to diversify the bloodlines so that not all horses are related. They don't need earnings, they don't need to break a maiden, they are already primed to be the best they can be in the breeding shed for their sole purpose in life. Lets say you have a lot of Trafalgar/Tattered lined mares and want to dilute that blood a bit, you can send it to a game created turf route stallion. Sure not all horses are related to those two stallions but that is just an example.

If they are owned by The Steward, she sets the stud fee, she can remove the stallion from breeding if it adds too many of that line to the game, plus it removes money from the game at the same point. I think its a pretty win/win scenario, if you ask me.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

David Gray wrote: 4 years ago **ETA - I'm not saying breeding Mixers aren't frustrating, etc. I just don't want anyone who reads this to think Bay knows something about pedigrees and how they work that they don't.

:D :lol: :o :idea: :D :P
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder