How do you gallop?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

How do you gallop?

1 Individual divisions (ts, ds, aws, dm, tm, awm...etc)
35%
2 individual breeds (appys, quarters, tbs...etc)
15%
3 Gallop absolute favorites individually
13%
4 send them all at once...look out here they come!
27%
5 other, explain, please
11%

Total votes: 55

Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: How do you gallop?

Post by Lori Hamill »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I go by breeds and then gallop them individually. So, like, select Appaloosa and gallop my appaloosa's one by one. This takes AGES but if I get a gallop as a group, get a gallop piece and fail to open said horse in a new tab... I get mad. LOL
This is also me. ^^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I go by breeds and then gallop them individually. So, like, select Appaloosa and gallop my appaloosa's one by one. This takes AGES but if I get a gallop as a group, get a gallop piece and fail to open said horse in a new tab... I get mad. LOL
This frustrates the life out of me, and also why I suggested in the one small thing thread that they automatically open in a new tab, like auction pages. 😅

I like the idea of galloping one by one, but I’m not sure if I would have the patience to gallop 500 foals 1 at of time 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

Depends whether I want to
Rip it off like a bandaid or painfully one at a time lol
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I analyze each yearling's pedigree - trying to remember why I thought that particular combination was a good call. I usually fail to remember. Then I gallop. Breed by breed. Division by Division. One by one.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

One at a time! Drag out the best day of the year.

But I do get them all done on the first day so I can start galloping them as a group to get equipment once I know their "gallop."
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I gallop them in one hit, cheer if I get freaks and then gleefully start deciding who to cull. I’m going to be extra vicious with the cull this year cause I bred WAY too many foals.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Steph Lonhro wrote: 4 years ago Depends whether I want to
Rip it off like a bandaid or painfully one at a time lol
There is so much truth in this! You spend so much time breeding your mares and you’re totally convince they’re all freak potentials, do you glory in the gallops one at a time? Or, as Steph said, just rip it off!

This year we’ll have Steward breds we bought as foals that have greater potential than our norm. It not only adds to the immediate excitement, but the racing potential in years to come. So much seems to depend on this coming festivus.

Best of luck to all!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I gallop them in one hit, cheer if I get freaks and then gleefully start deciding who to cull. I’m going to be extra vicious with the cull this year cause I bred WAY too many foals.
I’ve done this very thing in the past. Normally, I wouldn’t hesitate to AJ, but with the cost going up, there just may be an auction. Getting $1 beats spending $5k...who knows
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

My first year breeding and I only have 20 foals so I will probably draw it out and do them one by one (if I breed anything better than a claimer I will be ecstatic!)
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I gallop them in one hit, cheer if I get freaks and then gleefully start deciding who to cull. I’m going to be extra vicious with the cull this year cause I bred WAY too many foals.
I’ve done this very thing in the past. Normally, I wouldn’t hesitate to AJ, but with the cost going up, there just may be an auction. Getting $1 beats spending $5k...who knows
I tend to throw them all in a start of year auction. I figure it’s cheaper for me and most likely cheaper for the buyer. 95% of my horses are well bred so I figure someone might want them but maybe not for AJ’s 10k
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I gallop mixers by breed. Then I do TBs one by one since I don't have a "Favorites" barn like Pete. I like hoping for the slide jackpot on my TBs especially so I do want to do them one by one. More chance of a surprise that way. :)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »

I'll try one by one.
I want to adrenaline rush :)
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago I gallop mixers by breed. Then I do TBs one by one since I don't have a "Favorites" barn like Pete. I like hoping for the slide jackpot on my TBs especially so I do want to do them one by one. More chance of a surprise that way. :)
This is basically how I do my TBs. One by one, though I'll also go division by division (i.e. I'll go one by one in the turf sprinters, then the all weather sprinters, etc). Been a while since I've had a super slide jackpot (Cat Named Boots), so hopefully I'll have one this time :)

This festivus since I actually have something like a dozen mixers to gallop, I'll do those by breed, but still go one by one. I'll do those before the TBs.
I have a stable full of cats
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Once a SIM year! LOL.

Normally, I tend to run by breed/division. Once in a while I'll get a wild hair and do one by one.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED