Simmy awards

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Simmy awards

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago You guys are fun. Here I am confused how I Know ended up on the ballot for African Champion Two Year Old Male. Super proud, but also confused! ❤️
Because your horse gained 70pts in Africaan stakes races.
(50 points for g1 and 20 points for non graded stakes win).
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago You guys are fun. Here I am confused how I Know ended up on the ballot for African Champion Two Year Old Male. Super proud, but also confused! ❤️
Because your horse gained 70pts in Africaan stakes races.
(50 points for g1 and 20 points for non graded stakes win).
Fancy! What a good boy!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

It feels like there's a giant preference towards quantity over quality in the trainer award nominations. Hoping that this is something the team can address in the future to even it out a bit.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Simmy awards###A

Post by Dave Trainer »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago It feels like there's a giant preference towards quantity over quality in the trainer award nominations. Hoping that this is something the team can address in the future to even it out a bit.
Agreed. Definitely needs looking at.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago It feels like there's a giant preference towards quantity over quality in the trainer award nominations. Hoping that this is something the team can address in the future to even it out a bit.
I guess I'm probably in the minority but given the option of running 1 horse and winning $35k against running 38 and winning $110k, I'm going to pick the $110k every time. Sure that 1 horse is awesome and I'd love to have it as horse #1 of my 38 but cash is king and you can't buy Stews on stats. For reference, those numbers come from our respective numbers simplified.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Dont know or have any personal interest in any of the trainer awards but there's more to the game and life than money.

Count me as part of team Quality > Quantity all day.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

J.r. Lewis wrote: 4 years ago
I guess I'm probably in the minority but given the option of running 1 horse and winning $35k against running 38 and winning $110k, I'm going to pick the $110k every time. Sure that 1 horse is awesome and I'd love to have it as horse #1 of my 38 but cash is king and you can't buy Stews on stats. For reference, those numbers come from our respective numbers simplified.
I like you J.R even though we keep ending up on opposite sides of forum debates so once again nothing personal!

Comparing our respective stats, we've got a very similar number of stakes wins on the year - 69 for you, 68 for me, however one was accomplished with 16,000 fewer starts. Can I ask you how many of those 69 were G1 wins?

I'm not arguing that I specifically should have been nominated this year, but I am saying in my opinion there's a MAJOR issue with how nominations are determined, and quality of wins needs to play a much bigger role.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

While I'm on about the Trainer awards, let me throw this out there as well. This needs to be split up, so there's a Champion TB Trainer and a Champion Mixer Trainer.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago While I'm on about the Trainer awards, let me throw this out there as well. This needs to be split up, so there's a Champion TB Trainer and a Champion Mixer Trainer.
I love this idea
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago While I'm on about the Trainer awards, let me throw this out there as well. This needs to be split up, so there's a Champion TB Trainer and a Champion Mixer Trainer.
Agreed.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

All Mixers together? It's an intriguing idea, but even within Mixers as a whole group there are some that specialize in Pacers, Trotters, etc. that might get otherwise overlooked.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
All Mixers together? It's an intriguing idea, but even within Mixers as a whole group there are some that specialize in Pacers, Trotters, etc. that might get otherwise overlooked.
I don't really know much about mixers, but I do know for sure that TB and mixers need to be separated. Beyond that, I'm sure the more knowledgeable mixer community has some better ideas about how to best sort them out. Just seems one for mixers and one for TB would be easiest to accomplish.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Well there are some TB trainers who specialize in DIrt Routers or Turf Milers or chasers.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

completely agreed
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
I don't really know much about mixers, but I do know for sure that TB and mixers need to be separated. Beyond that, I'm sure the more knowledgeable mixer community has some better ideas about how to best sort them out. Just seems one for mixers and one for TB would be easiest to accomplish.
You owned a Mixer. Once
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)