So gallops, how did you do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: So gallops, how did you do?

Post by Jon Xett »

So happy reading everyone's amazing top-down gallop results to see so many do so well.
I bred 90% Hens and Stars this year. I have been known to breed to everything standing in my fields which is not to say that every mare in my possession is outstanding in her field, far from it.

Well the results are in - I have a tired bunch of mares, I mean they are worn out, pooped and otherwise angry with me for the sires I sent to them especially the pretty, yet uninspiring sires in my own barn. Felt As Recently told me it was like "seeing the same guys in their wide-collar polyester jumpsuits every weekend at the disco".

Well, I guess I did ok, though not as amazing as many who have posted here:
with 135+ yearlings i have zero freaky gallopers, single-digit stakes runners and more than a bunch of allowance.

Of note, I didn't even give my claimer colts a chance this year. The snip and cut battalion has a new fan. I gelded the colts and sent them to the Greener Pastures Disco to play, expensive new disco that it is.

Wry smile, jX
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I had 1 stakes horse in the mixers...which to me is like getting a productive or low level allowance t-bred....given the performances I've seen from my mixer stakes and freaks.

My t-breds at best were allowances.
I bred mostly star and blue hen mares this year with a few formidables that had decent foals before...

I've been lucky in have a couple of allowances jump up to stakes quality...but it's been a long time since I've been able to breed a stakes quality foal...a really long time. I'm about to just give up on the idea of ever doing it again. :P I don't think I've ever bred a freak t-bred...but have a bunch of them in the mixers that couldn't out run a fat wiener dog.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Mike Bryant
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mike Bryant »

Sorry for the late post but here are how my gallops played out!

409 foals (including 3 Stewy Bred Foals)

2 - Freaks (Inconspicuousness and Private Affair) *both homebred!*
61 - Stakes (all 3 of my Steward Breds were Stakes! :x)
144 - Allowance
65 - Productive
60 - Solid
77 - Claimers

I guess over all.......I am pleased!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Mike Bryant wrote: 4 years ago Sorry for the late post but here are how my gallops played out!

144 - Allowance
65 - Productive
60 - Solid
77 - Claimers

With those 2 freaks you are a better breeder than the steward!!! A Mike Bryant home bred auction of un-galloped horses could bring in billions!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mike Bryant
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mike Bryant »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Mike Bryant wrote: 4 years ago Sorry for the late post but here are how my gallops played out!

144 - Allowance
65 - Productive
60 - Solid
77 - Claimers

With those 2 freaks you are a better breeder than the steward!!! A Mike Bryant home bred auction of un-galloped horses could bring in billions!!
Pete you are to kind, but it would probably be more like a billion disappointments! ;)