Oh leaky memory you are cruel...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Oh leaky memory you are cruel...

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So like many of you, I got up this morning and galloped my yearlings. I then sorted them by gallop comment to see how I had done. A freak paint...woo hoo. A number of stakes paints...very nice. And then I saw it... At the bottom of the stakes list there was a thoroughbred. A THOROUGHBRED!!!!!! I haven't had a homebred stakes galloping thoroughbred since gallops were last tweaked many many many sim years ago. This was HUGE! What was behind this turning point in my thoroughbred breeding operation. Was it one of the new promising mares I've retired in the last few years hinting at more success to come. Or perhaps my special breeding project where I looked at three generations of successful foals from stallions I was interested in rather than just the dam sire to find patterns I could replicate. I, of course, wanted to figure out who this special horse was that was changing my whole outlook on thoroughbreds and in my haste didn't even notice she had a phrase as a name when my homebreds all have single word names. So I pulled her up and then pulled her dam up and wait I don't own that mare... the steward does. Why do I have a foal out of one of the steward's mares??? Turns out we had a stewardbred foal last year and my horse from it is a stakes galloper (yea!) and my homebred stakesless streak is intact. Womp womp.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Oh leaky memory you are cruel...

Post by Laura Smith »

Haha! It's pretty deceiving to have Stew-breds among my Festivus gallops... still not used to it.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.