Gelding?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Gelding?

Post by Erica Olson »

You now get $0 for gelding instead of $1,000? Is this a mistake? If not, it’s a bummer because I do a lot of gelding.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Gelding?

Post by Nena Olson »

Erica Olson wrote: 4 years ago You now get $0 for gelding instead of $1,000? Is this a mistake? If not, it’s a bummer because I do a lot of gelding.
Its a Y53 update. If you go to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46484 it tells you all the changes :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ya, I miss that one too!
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Big bummer! Money wise, insignificant for cash flush stables. Killer for cash poor stables.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I assume the rationale is that the further-increased stats help the horse earn at least that $1,000 on the track. I am a ruthless gelder as well but the $1k has never been a big deal for me, and no, I've never been crazy rich (I'm not even in the top 50.)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago I assume the rationale is that the further-increased stats help the horse earn at least that $1,000 on the track.
I've heard other people say this too but unless I'm understanding it wrong (always a possibility), the only horses this increased stats helps will be those running against colts or fillies because all the geldings are getting the same boost. As for the rule, it hurts a little but I understand there's gotta be something done to take money out of the game so I'll adjust accordingly.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Erica Olson wrote: 4 years ago You now get $0 for gelding instead of $1,000? Is this a mistake? If not, it’s a bummer because I do a lot of gelding.
Its a Y53 update. If you go to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46484 it tells you all the changes :)
Thanks for that, missed the new post in the follow through from the prior post with folks in an unusual occurrence posting in the steward notices and not transferring to the general thread. It also made me read the other thread and as usual, Eric posts some insightful stuff... including comments that included the term "WE". ;)