Articles

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Articles

Post by Durzo Blint »

When I first joined I found the articles section particularly helpful on the main page. Now, it appears it's all the articles are just previews of races stating facts that I can glean from the race preview? I'm not sure if I am imagining this, but what's the purpose of those articles? It does not seem particularly useful in any way (maybe for betting?)?
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: Articles

Post by Garret Folsom »

They are an easy way for a player to get money for writing an article. When I was a newer player, I started writing articles as a way to earn a few extra dollars to help support my barn.

I like to read some of the race previews as it gives you another person's view of the horses in the race. Information gained from articles are based on what that individual player has "learned" or may cover a preference for how they play the game. It's not always fact, but can definitely be useful information to have.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Thanks Garret - I did not realize you receive money for writing an article - maybe I'll do some race previews. Thanks!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Here is information from the Feature Race Article page...

Suggested article topics include: Race reviews, race previews, breeding analysis, auction and event news, famous horse/trainer biographies, new player help, weekly columns, and handicapping analysis. Articles that appear to be for personal gain, such as the hyping of one's own stallions or training style, will be rejected. Articles about real life racing will not be accepted. We HIGHLY suggest that you write the article in a word processor, then paste it into the text box below, rather than writing it below. Please capitalize your titles and all proper nouns, and use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Content may be edited by the Steward.

If the article is approved by the Steward, you will receive payment in SIM dollars. Approved articles must be over 300 words. 500 words is S$20,000, and every 500 words after that is an additional S$1,000. This applies only to race reviews and previews, auction reviews, and other racing and breeding related stories. Interviews will be paid S$15,000. Fantasy stories written about yourself and your horses will no longer be accepted. All stories must be submitted in single parts. "Part 2"s will not be accepted for race analysis, stallion analysis, etc, and you will not be paid for a second part of a story that belonged with the first part.
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

Durzo Blint wrote: 4 years ago When I first joined I found the articles section particularly helpful on the main page. Now, it appears it's all the articles are just previews of races stating facts that I can glean from the race preview? I'm not sure if I am imagining this, but what's the purpose of those articles? It does not seem particularly useful in any way (maybe for betting?)?
Hey, I never claimed my articles were helpful.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Eric Hamme wrote: 4 years ago
Durzo Blint wrote: 4 years ago When I first joined I found the articles section particularly helpful on the main page. Now, it appears it's all the articles are just previews of races stating facts that I can glean from the race preview? I'm not sure if I am imagining this, but what's the purpose of those articles? It does not seem particularly useful in any way (maybe for betting?)?
Hey, I never claimed my articles were helpful.
But they are highly entertaining!