Thank You Pete Vella

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Thank You Pete Vella

Post by Lily Wilkins »

So, I saw shiny things in Pete Vella's recent lease auction and decided to go a little off budget and get them.

Looking at their training schedules really enlightened me - It was almost worth the lease fees just to see how brilliant his training methods are.
I have asked about yearling workout schedules/finding equip in the forum before, and gotten excellent answers, so I'm not really sure why this never clicked with me before... I guess seeing it carried out on a horse is what I needed.

Their yearling season, Pete gets them 100% fit BY Week 4 Day 5; they gallop, swim, train in the gate, Ect. Why had it never clicked with me before that I should have my yearlings FIT before I start doing timed drills?!
Then, starting Week 6 Day 3 (so roughly two weeks of rest here... Bless his patience), they get their first timed workout. Every SIX days thereafter, they get another timed workout... Same surface, same distance, but with a different single piece of equipment. By Week 16 Day 1, they will have gotten a timed drill with every piece of equipment, and it becomes way easier to:
A. Find the correct piece(s) based on the times
B. If two or more times are really close, use the trainer to solve one piece and then use the times to discover the second.

And, the best part? Your yearling comes into its second year FIT and ready to run. A workout every 6 days was enough to keep the fillies I leased fit through their yearling season without Pete having to do a bunch of the fussy training options with them. Just schedule the breezes out a couple weeks at a time, and vola!

I know there's plenty of other awesome ways SIMsters manage their yearlings, I just wanted to highlight this since it gave me one of those "Lightbulb" moments this morning while I was checking these new horses out.
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Thank You Pete Vella

Post by Gwayne's World »

That's why he's (Pete) a HOF'er!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Mmmm, fine if you lease 2 year olds. I picked up a pair of 3 year olds heโ€™s done nothing with lately and they came very unfit....grrrr to you Pete, lol.

That said, I was thrilled to get this little gal. After a wee bit of sorting she worked 5 on the turf in 58:77, unfit and all. Iโ€™ll take that any day! Thanks Pete.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I thought that training method was the norm! ๐Ÿ˜…

I also gallop my will-they-improvers every week to keep them fit, just in case ๐Ÿ˜‰
โ™› KINGSWOOD โ™›
Pensioner Program
โ€ข Pension your 2yo or older horse
โ€ข Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
โ€ข Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Lol you are welcome thanks for the leases. I just donโ€™t have the time to get these things on the track. I blame all the dang mixers.

Sorry about the 3yo, but at least itโ€™s easy to get the gear and it should be 2 weeks after getting fit for its first race.
And you do have 2 seasons :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Pete Vella wrote: โ†‘4 years ago And you do have 2 seasons :)
More like 1 1/2 by the time they get fit....a good reason to extend the lease IF the horse shows promise... :mrgreen:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Nick Gilmore wrote: โ†‘4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: โ†‘4 years ago And you do have 2 seasons :)
More like 1 1/2 by the time they get fit....a good reason to extend the lease IF the horse shows promise... :mrgreen:
I'm with you Nick! I only leased one but she's a real beauty! Kind'a like a new car you just want to look at and the heck with driving it!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1098330
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

THANK YOU AGAIN PETE!
This one upgraded to a "Stakes" today: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1097747
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!