SIMages Headshots

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Re: SIMages Headshots

Post by Amy Bahama »

I cannot believe how incredibly awesome Fight Town's and Old St. Nick's headshots are. They look like velvet. So very realistic. Perfect headshot. Out of all of the ones I have, I think these are my favorite and I do have some doozies.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I penned down an entire novel for the Steward this time, trying to describe how I saw my mare "See You Never". She's already six years old so her headshot has been a long time coming and I have had plenty of time to think. I always imagined her as an "Absolutely no-B*llcrap!" kind of mare, and that was so beautifully portrayed. She's gorgeous, and I can't stop looking at her picture! I adore her star and snip - being a mixture of devil's horns and a heart. Very appropriate. Thank you so much to both artist (splendlid work!) and Emily (for having patience with all my novels!) <3 .

Here she is. See You Never.

Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’d steer clear of her! Awesome shot Ash! And a well done to Emily for finding the right one to reproduce for your vision...I’d say the team nailed her!
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Thank you Amy!
SIM Headshot artist
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago I penned down an entire novel for the Steward this time, trying to describe how I saw my mare "See You Never". She's already six years old so her headshot has been a long time coming and I have had plenty of time to think. I always imagined her as an "Absolutely no-B*llcrap!" kind of mare, and that was so beautifully portrayed. She's gorgeous, and I can't stop looking at her picture! I adore her star and snip - being a mixture of devil's horns and a heart. Very appropriate. Thank you so much to both artist (splendlid work!) and Emily (for having patience with all my novels!) <3 .

Here she is. See You Never.

This is actually a free-handed headshot, it was not based on a reference photo. Though the ref Emily sent me was good.

When I got the commission I had a vision, you described her wonderfully and I saw these markings in my head and decided to show it off.. so the pose came to mind and I drew her up the way I felt she would be by the way you described.
It's the only one like it I have ever done in SIM.

I really loved doing this one!

-Kassidy
SIM Headshot artist
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Kassidy wrote: 4 years ago This is actually a free-handed headshot, it was not based on a reference photo. Though the ref Emily sent me was good.
When I got the commission I had a vision, you described her wonderfully and I saw these markings in my head and decided to show it off.. so the pose came to mind and I drew her up the way I felt she would be by the way you described.
It's the only one like it I have ever done in SIM.
I really loved doing this one!
-Kassidy
I was worried I'd just keep lavishing praise over See You Never's picture if I did respond to your post back when I first read it. It made me so very happy to read your note though. :)
(I hope there's not a negative sound to the word "lavish" since there's not supposed to be an ounce of that)
Karazhan, Deshaan
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Million Reasons

When Million Reasons first arrived to my stables she was a small and lanky (yet very expensive!) teenager. Since she was quickly graded "stakes" by my trainer I let her grow up in peace, without burdening her with much expectation. She won her first three races in an average way without being pressured and without pulling off any sparkling numbers. Then she begun winning G2 an G3 against colts along the Triple Crown Trail. This was when I penned down a note to the Steward letting her know what kind of things her young 3yo was up to. The Steward returned to me with an encouraging letter congratulating me to my Derby-contender (obviously mistaking Million Reasons for a colt). Emily's letter did however spark the
thought that my young filly possibly may be able to race in the Oaks after all. Up until this point her stakes-grading had been shadowing my thoughts - me explaining all of her ability and courageous heart with luck and race-placing.

During the presentation of Million Reasons in the broadcast of the Oaks - Emily said that she (Million Reasons) could have raced in the Derby ("..but she's here instead"). Once again it brought me to a pause; was she never confused for a colt? (And my mind parroted itself: "But, stakes!!")
and then she left the gates in the Oaks, leading the field all the way up until the very last moment when Stephen Saratoga's wonderful grey The Sky is Blue caught her by a head.

If anything, this my beautiful bay mare has definitely and finally taught me to try not to pay as much attention to whatever grade my horses are given. There are so many other things going on determining how much heart and ability goes into our horses. I love this my mare, and I'm so grateful I had the 5 millions in my account by the time of her yearling-auction to be able to bring her home with me.

Thank you Kassidy for yet another wonderful headshot! Bay horses without markings are my favourites and you brought forth the shifting bay colouring so beautifully!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago Million Reasons

When Million Reasons first arrived to my stables she was a small and lanky (yet very expensive!) teenager. Since she was quickly graded "stakes" by my trainer I let her grow up in peace, without burdening her with much expectation. She won her first three races in an average way without being pressured and without pulling off any sparkling numbers. Then she begun winning G2 an G3 against colts along the Triple Crown Trail. This was when I penned down a note to the Steward letting her know what kind of things her young 3yo was up to. The Steward returned to me with an encouraging letter congratulating me to my Derby-contender (obviously mistaking Million Reasons for a colt). Emily's letter did however spark the
thought that my young filly possibly may be able to race in the Oaks after all. Up until this point her stakes-grading had been shadowing my thoughts - me explaining all of her ability and courageous heart with luck and race-placing.

During the presentation of Million Reasons in the broadcast of the Oaks - Emily said that she (Million Reasons) could have raced in the Derby ("..but she's here instead"). Once again it brought me to a pause; was she never confused for a colt? (And my mind parroted itself: "But, stakes!!")
and then she left the gates in the Oaks, leading the field all the way up until the very last moment when Stephen Saratoga's wonderful grey The Sky is Blue caught her by a head.

If anything, this my beautiful bay mare has definitely and finally taught me to try not to pay as much attention to whatever grade my horses are given. There are so many other things going on determining how much heart and ability goes into our horses. I love this my mare, and I'm so grateful I had the 5 millions in my account by the time of her yearling-auction to be able to bring her home with me.

Thank you Kassidy for yet another wonderful headshot! Bay horses without markings are my favourites and you brought forth the shifting bay colouring so beautifully!
How awesome to hear about this lovely mare!
Amazing reference was sent for this one.
Thank you all again for the compliments!
SIM Headshot artist
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

The Dark Princess

This headshot is amazing and beautiful! Thank you Sara! I am so excited and happy with my first ever SIMage headshot! This is beyond anything I could have imagined, she fits her name perfectly!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Thank you so much to the artist for the beautiful headshot for Little Silver Dust! He looks great!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=894130
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... eID=957097

Thank you for the lovely headshot of Let's Be Heroes - he truly looks majestic. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... eID=957097

Thank you for the lovely headshot of Let's Be Heroes - he truly looks majestic. :)
Thank you!
SIM Headshot artist
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Northern Avenger is up and he is amazing!
Named for one of the all-time best Canadian punk rock albums ever made... this little dude is small but mighty. Love this one, thanks!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I love the headshot of Marvel! Thank you!