Importance of Different Training Options

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Importance of Different Training Options

Post by Durzo Blint »

Do the different exercises and training options matter or do you just want your horse fully fit? For example,

Horse 1: Jogs and Gallops only, but is fully fit
Horse 2: Swims in the pool, walks the shedrow, schools in the paddock, jogs, is also fully fit

Would you expect these two horses to race the same (all else being equal) or would Horse 2 be expected to perform better as he/she has increased stamina, worked on crowd noise, etc.? Again all else being equal does this have any impact on the horses racing performance or capabilities?

Thanks!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Importance of Different Training Options

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

All training things matter to a very small degree.

If you have two exactly identical horses(like a mirror image of itself. Same weather preference, distance preference, same dam, sire, racing rating, ect ect ect), the horse that has all the training under its belt will be at an advantage.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Importance of Different Training Options

Post by Gwayne's World »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago All training things matter to a very small degree.

If you have two exactly identical horses(like a mirror image of itself. Same weather preference, distance preference, same dam, sire, racing rating, ect ect ect), the horse that has all the training under its belt will be at an advantage.
That is something I never fully realized!

I'll have to start training my yearlings a bit differently.

Thanks, Pete!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.