Biggest Shipping Boo-Boo's

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darren Rook
Miler

Biggest Shipping Boo-Boo's

Post by Darren Rook »

I'd love to hear some your biggest shipping boo-boo's.

Click-happy? Booze-fuelled? Brain-fart?

Re-live and give that pain some relief! lol.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Biggest Shipping Boo-Boo's

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I started shipping my special horses manually and over the past couple weeks my game excitement has dropped pretty low and I’ve forgotten to ship a bunch of them 😳

Also sometimes I forget to put in their notes when they had a long ship and then they get long ships back to back...like when I sent my stakes from North America to Japan and back over 4 weeks 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Watched ThePrinceofFools Derby run after a couple adult beverages, totally meant to ship him immediately to Maryland but instead passed out and left him at Louisville. Considering he was already probably a little tired I ultimately decided to scratch him :(

I mean I've got others but thats the most recent one that stands out lol.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nine Years Ago... before we had a way to stop the shipping of a horse...this was talked about...along with my story of a horrible ship....sent a trotter to Oz, long before they had harness tracks down under.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/simforum ... =2&t=15183

I still think of the driver with the name I have him in that thread...lol ;) As I yell his name at the top of my lungs as I chase him down the stable's drive to stop him from getting onto the highway and off to the airport with the wrong horse.

I will happily pay to have my horse returned before having to go back to the days when all you could do is wait for the horse to get there, rest, then ship back because there's no place to run them in some far off land. :P

------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I have a personal system I use for my horses so I rarely make mistakes anymore. After each horse runs, I look through the ones that don't show equipment was set yet to see If I hit on the right combination. Then they either get their asterisk or I make a change right then for it's next race. That's so I don't forget and make the same mistake twice. I do not have home set anymore for any of my horses. I may sometimes have to pay a little extra to ship for a race but I never pay over $100 to ship to a farm after a race. I save money that way. At that same time I put in the notes section whether I want to wheel that horse back in two weeks or if it needs 3. I wish I could streamline things more but that's the best I have come up with so far. The biggest thing is the mistakes are nearly zero now.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I still think of the driver with the name I have him in that thread...lol ;) As I yell his name at the top of my lungs as I chase him down the stable's drive to stop him from getting onto the highway and off to the airport with the wrong horse.
In these kind of situations it gets obvious why you don't want a work-enviroment where your co-workers don't dare to question or discuss your decisions! I've raised my brow at my ingame trainer/vet/jockey a number of time grumbling: "Why didn't you -say- anything?! Don't just assume I'm making all the wise decisions all the time!!" :D
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Andrew James wrote: 4 years ago Watched ThePrinceofFools Derby run after a couple adult beverages, totally meant to ship him immediately to Maryland but instead passed out and left him at Louisville. Considering he was already probably a little tired I ultimately decided to scratch him :(

I mean I've got others but thats the most recent one that stands out lol.
I thought I was the only one who screwed things up with my horses after some adult beverages.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Using home locations this summer for the first time ever. Forgot to change this one from Barbados to the States. Oopsies. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1012154
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.