Bandage Decision-To Hell With Love

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Bandage Decision-To Hell With Love

Post by Keith Maidlow »

So last year I was looking to buy a Steward bred foal to get to my maximum of three of that age. It wasn't long before I got a gift horse called To Hell With Love from Kris Bobby (with the stipulation not to sell). Yup, a $2.5 million gift turf route filly. I was confused but pleased at the same time. My pleasure only compounded when THWL galloped freak. One piece of equipment was blinkers and the other was bandages. I hate bandages because if the works don't have significant differences I am never positive if I have the right ones until after the first race.

So the works started: 5f front-58.00, hind-58.26...6f front-1:09.81, hind-1:10.11...7f front-1:23.67, hind-1:23.75. It looked pretty good that it is front bandages but both front and hind works are in the top of yearling works at both 6f and 7f. I decide another front bandage work at 7f and I project a time that would convince me of what to choose. The time I choose is 1:23.59 making it a hundredth better than the best time so far this year. I check this morning for the scheduled work result and, to my exciting surprise it's 1:23.52. She'll be wearing front bandages next year in her much anticipated racing debut.

Thanks Kris for this opportunity!!!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Bandage Decision-To Hell With Love

Post by The Steward »

Moral of the story: she's not slow.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

just noticed this and that is great only thing is this makes me kinda jealous and sd that no ever gifts me a horse like this boohooo
haha oh well the morale of that story is that I am being a Jerk as usual :D
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

just noticed this and that is great only thing is this makes me kinda jealous and sd that no ever gifts me a horse like this boohooo
You don't get any sympathy from me, because you were fortunate enough to once claim a Paint for $12,000 that went on to win the Steward's Cup. ;)
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago
You don't get any sympathy from me, because you were fortunate enough to once claim a Paint for $12,000 that went on to win the Steward's Cup. ;)
You just got Roasted Sten :lol:
(I literally could not help myself from that pun)
And it was $15,000 to claim Roasted, so you know, almost broke the bank there for a horse that went on to win a SC ;)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats on getting a free freak!

I have been given a few nice gifts in this game but the first awesome one was a colt.
Back around year 20, I wrote to another player, Ryen Hanna, and asked if I could buy her mare, Mia Principessa.
She wrote back and told me 'No'...but also told me she would breed the mare to the stallion of my choice and give me the foal, all for free - she even told me to chose the gender, color and markings of the foal.

I chose the stallion Deathdefying, and true to her word she sent me the resulting colt. I ended up with my first millionaire earner in this game with:

Won't Back Down

Won't Back Down really helped to jump my stable up into another level. With the money I made from him, I was able to buy better mares and in choosing better sires.

--------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000