Rosamond retired.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Rosamond retired.

Post by Avery Genna »

As my girl’s career comes to a close, I just have to brag on her. Rosamond is a very special horse to me, my favorite in the barn. I bought her for just $40k as a late 3yo and she’s earned over $357k on the track! Would you believe that she’s “just” an allowance galloper? She won the G3 Stardust Stakes on my birthday three sim years ago as well as three other stakes victories for me and many placings! She’s the second highest earner and highest earning daughter for her sire. She has been tailing off this year but still managed to give me two nice stakes placings, and I always planned to retire her as a 6yo. Can’t wait to see how she does as a mama. <3
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Rosamond retired.

Post by Stormy Peak »

I hope she has lots of fine babies for you : )

I always have a hard time pulling a favorite horse off the track... I love racing them more than I do breeding them. I wish this game would allow for that too... that a mare retiring at age 6 can have a longer time in the breeding shed before being in danger...or a horse getting more time too...being allowed to retire at age 6 or 7 but not have his time in the shed limited because he didn't retire at age 4.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Avery Genna wrote: 4 years ago I bought her for just $40k as a late 3yo and she’s earned over $357k on the track!
I think this is my favorite part! Cheap horses that run fantastically are my favorite ones and how you can establish yourself in this game. Best of luck in her new career!
yeah
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I hope she has lots of fine babies for you : )

I always have a hard time pulling a favorite horse off the track... I love racing them more than I do breeding them. I wish this game would allow for that too... that a mare retiring at age 6 can have a longer time in the breeding shed before being in danger...or a horse getting more time too...being allowed to retire at age 6 or 7 but not have his time in the shed limited because he didn't retire at age 4.

Stormy
Thank you! Same here. Breeding is fun, but I’d hate to have retired a horse prematurely and then their career in the breeding shed doesn’t pan out.
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Avery Genna wrote: 4 years ago I bought her for just $40k as a late 3yo and she’s earned over $357k on the track!
I think this is my favorite part! Cheap horses that run fantastically are my favorite ones and how you can establish yourself in this game. Best of luck in her new career!
Thank you! What’s funny is that when I bought her, I bought her blindly off the sales page not knowing what her gallop was. I took what I thought was a big risk, but she sure proved me wrong! She’s my best bargain buy for sure.