Tough decisions...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Tough decisions...

Post by Dylan Christensen »

This time of year is always fun and a little sad. Many SIMsters get to see some of there favorite horses cross the finish line for the last time before finally sending them off to their new career. Many trainers don’t know if that’s the right choice, myself being one of them. You see Through the Wall is quite possibly going to be my best ever AJ pickup. I had my eye on her for a claim when the tag would finally be just right but when her owner dumped her into AJ the $5000 price tag had never looked so sweet. She rattled off 4 consecutive stakes placing for me before falling short in week 12 just to bounce back and win today. Now I’m left with a dilemma. Do I leave her on the track another year and go for that elusive stakes win or do I call it quits and see if she can replicate herself in the shed? A little guidance would be appreciated and maybe a few of you would like to share your own horses who fit this bill in one way or another.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Tough decisions...

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I just had one. Foragoodtimecall I ran her hard this year, she didn't like it. I was super nervous to retire her, but she is a Blue Hen. I could not be happier! Now to decide who to send her to XD
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

So I bred a Paint DR filly a couple seasons back. She was an "A" hypo. Her mother is a formidable.
Came out as an allowance. I was disappointed.
Threw her into a 32k MCL first up. Got claimed.
Came across her a couple weeks ago in another 32k claim. Decided to take her back.
I entered her into a 32k for next weekend. Then figured whats the point. Scratched her.
Retired her and paid the 10k to see what her mare rating was.
Blue Hen.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1095582

got twins from her.

I've actually been tremendously lucky the last few days when retiring. Gotten a few Blue Hens.

There's a chance you end up with a dud, a similar claimer, or something better.
If I spend the time researching a match for her I'd like to think I'm going to get a similar horse or something better. I can live with that.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I tend to retire all my mares (except the chasers) at 5. That being said, her female family in the shed has been more miss than hit, so leaving her in training can boost the bottom line.

And you can always toss a coin.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 4 years ago I tend to retire all my mares (except the chasers) at 5. That being said, her female family in the shed has been more miss than hit, so leaving her in training can boost the bottom line.

And you can always toss a coin.
Toss a coin, I think I like that one :lol:
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I just had one. Foragoodtimecall I ran her hard this year, she didn't like it. I was super nervous to retire her, but she is a Blue Hen. I could not be happier! Now to decide who to send her to XD
Looks like the poor girl just ran out of gas. Hopefully she does well for you in her next career!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago So I bred a Paint DR filly a couple seasons back. She was an "A" hypo. Her mother is a formidable.
Came out as an allowance. I was disappointed.
Threw her into a 32k MCL first up. Got claimed.
Came across her a couple weeks ago in another 32k claim. Decided to take her back.
I entered her into a 32k for next weekend. Then figured whats the point. Scratched her.
Retired her and paid the 10k to see what her mare rating was.
Blue Hen.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1095582

got twins from her.

I've actually been tremendously lucky the last few days when retiring. Gotten a few Blue Hens.

There's a chance you end up with a dud, a similar claimer, or something better.
If I spend the time researching a match for her I'd like to think I'm going to get a similar horse or something better. I can live with that.
Hopefully she’s able to replicate herself and then some. But it looks like she has a good chance to!
yeah