Steward’s Cup Hype!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward’s Cup Hype!

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago For the Gold Cup, I have Flizans Bourbon, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=851367. He is getting a bit old now, and this is perhaps his last race. But he really likes the muddy weather and the distance, so I keep my hopes up for a nice place.
I think it’s his time to finally beat Kilcreggan, crossing my fingers it doesn’t happen though!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Derp! I forgot about This guy!!!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1088425
How could you forget about him!
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

ARE YOU HYPE YET?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Derp! I forgot about This guy!!!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1088425
How could you forget about him!
Because I just get to train him, he’s not “mine” 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I've got four!

Korora, Stewbred dirt router by Farseer in the Juvenile Fillies.
Minior, little sister of Antares, in the F+M Turf
Silver Tabby Cat, descendant of Nyan Cat, in the Turf
Pete the Cat, stewbred in the Mile.

All of mine are longshots. Only Pete the Cat is a freak, and even then he's supposed to be a dirt router that just seems to struggle winning beyond 1 1/16 so I'm seeing if he'll like 1 mile now, even though he didn't like it as a 2yo. But, y'know, I'd rather have a shot to win something than to give up without even trying!

I'm also lowkey hoping that we get blessed with Daybreak this year!
I have a stable full of cats
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

You know it's SC week when I'm having a heart attack days before I might actually win something. But just for fun, I'll toss in my poor horses

Tuesday
Poor One More Light has been thrown to the wolves but you've gotta be in it to win it.

Wednesday
I think Prequell is my best shot, he's such a good and consistent boy. I'd love him to get over a million in earnings too, that's a biiiig mark for a paint router.
Freecloud is better than his race record IMO. I ended up leasing out my best juvenile boy so Freecloud became my default runner lol. I think my other legit runner is Shockee in the Paint Ladies Sprint, she's just had a great year, plus it'd be fun to win a non-route paint SC lol.
The Best Times and I'm Dancing have been solid enough that they're in as long shots and Paloma Faith retires this year so I might as well go big with her.

Thursday
By some bizarre twist of fate I have an undefeated girl in the Filly Turf Dash. Blood Rose has had a great year and I'm having a blast racing her.
Read All About It is my usual type of runner, she's undefeated and her full sister won this race, although honestly, my biggest hope for her is when she hits the shed in a few years.

Friday
It's all about The King. It's his last race and I'm already a little weepy. He's been the best and most emotional journey and it's so sad to see him retire. I'm so tempted to hold off on retiring him but I also know that if I do that I'll just try to put it off next year as well. Ack.

Believe in Dreams also retires this year. I came soooo close to running her in the Turf Mile proper instead of the F+M mile because she's had such a great year; she would have gone for sure if she'd won her last race but with the loss she's gonna stick with the girls
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I remember bragging about horses in a prior hype thread and they all finished off the board, so all my horses are bums and will be lucky if they pick up a check
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 4 years agoBelieve in Dreams also retires this year. I came soooo close to running her in the Turf Mile proper instead of the F+M mile because she's had such a great year; she would have gone for sure if she'd won her last race but with the loss she's gonna stick with the girls
Slay is SO outclassed in the F+M Mile. I still have time to chicken out 😅 I messed up her 2yo attempt, so I feel like she should get a shot...but also, she’s the only one who hasn’t won a G1 😩
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Breeders Cup Classic - Fancy Shoes and a whole bunch of major, insanely creditable contenders. Fancy Shoes has $6 million in earnings, two others have $4 million, two $3 million earners, four at $2 million and three $1 million earners. I certainly want to win but even a piece of the purse would be nice. At this point I haven't got a clue how to handicap this one.

If my guy wins he will keep racing next year if he doesn't come see him in the breeding shed.

Good luck to all SC entrants, best of luck to mine! 8-)
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I would like to see Fancy Shoes continue his racing career.
Hope he wins for you Keith!
He's been fun to watch and can only imagine how much fun he's been for you?
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Slay is SO outclassed in the F+M Mile. I still have time to chicken out 😅 I messed up her 2yo attempt, so I feel like she should get a shot...but also, she’s the only one who hasn’t won a G1 😩
Gotta be in it to win it! Anybody can throw out a monster day and pull off the upset; Keynote Giants was my VERY hard lesson in that :lol: :cry:
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

I won’t lie I was kind of sad Kilcreggan lost today but he did manage to tackle his biggest rival In Summertime and brought home $70k so I can’t really complain about that. Now I wait for Wednesday when Tylendil makes a sad attempt against some real contenders. I just hope he grabs a little cash, I’d loved to see him at stud!
yeah
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Pretty excited to be getting mixer calls this year! I think I have six in, including B C Basic B, who is obviously past her best but has still made $300k this year sooooo whatever.

Flaxen Points in the Filly Turf Dash. Tough group of girls from top to bottom and very well matched.
I don't think I'll have time to squeeze out four articles in the next 48 hours but I reeeeally want to preview the Turf Dash. SO good. I don't remember when we last saw a TD field this deep. No pretenders here. What a crazy group of colts.

Two in the FM TS which is really, really interesting and very wide-open. Often a tough one to predict but especially so this season...
...and of course I thought I'd put a 3YO filly in against older males in the TS. This is a weird race. Thunder Horse. Gentle Soul, also a freak. A few outsiders that aren't without a chance. A confetti sprinkling of "why-are-you-here" horses. And then my sophomore filly. Hey, if she could run second in the Chimbo, I'm happy to see her here instead of butting heads with two of my other mares in the ladies' race...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

This year's SC Classic is almost certainly the best field of all time, and my poor horse probably won't make any money. I'm also runing a long shot in the F&M Turf just because she's close geographically and all the other races for her this week are lame. And in the words of RRH i do what i want.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago And in the words of RRH i do what i want.
Best Edge answer EVER.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG